New ideas, need opinions!(:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

janrivera17

Reaction score
I was thinking altering my wheels offset to make them bulge out of the body about an inch or two. My autoshop teacher told me that there are adapters and spacers, to not just add nuts on the inside of the wheels. I know it isnt great but i want to change the look on my expedition but on low budget now :/

Also i my mom has a diesel excursion and my dad has a f350 dually,I was thinking of adapting the diesel trucks towing mirrors on my expedition, i was told that I might have to drill new holes and stuff and was wondering if any of you guys have done it or considered it. Thanks!

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are several spacers available, either on ebay or different websites

i'm not going to be too much help on the windows though

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the wheels, get the spacers. Using wheel nuts is asking for trouble.

For the mirrors, I have considered it but that is as far as it's gone. I dont think any member has done it. If you want mirriors that can extend out for towing, it might be easier to modify a pair of 2010+ towing mirrors from an F150. They would be closer to what you need and probably less modifications needed.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spacers will be the cheapest mod and adapters will be more...those are the best and safest ways to go

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think on the 1st gens you can put the towing mirrors from the f150s of the same year.

OP
OP
janrivera17

janrivera17

Reaction score
wow thanks guys this had been much help, i'll probably go with spacers, i dont want anything too crazy probably one or two inches out, i guess spacers will do it.

as for the mirrors from the outside they take up the same space and have the same form, havent seen the inside so i dont know about the wholes and the wiring, i only have the right mirror at the moment, so i'll probably do it whenever i get my hands on the second. i think it would be cool because i have never seen it, if i do it i'll put the pictures up :D

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow thanks guys this had been much help, i'll probably go with spacers, i dont want anything too crazy probably one or two inches out, i guess spacers will do it. :D

If you need that much space, you are going to need adapters. There is not enough stud length. I would do more than an inch spacer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you planning on doing hard core off roading? i wouldnt get any spacers. if its a street queen youll be fine. adapters allow you to run different wheels made for different vehicles. so get spacers. 2" MAXXXXX!!!!!!!! never double stack spacers either.

OP
OP
janrivera17

janrivera17

Reaction score
cutting through a dirt road at 15-20mph is the most action i get lol. basing off of my image of the expedition will 2'' spacers get them noticeably out? like i don't want to go too crazy but i want to be able to see that they come out. I don't know if that makes sense?