New (to me) 17 Plat EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MKMc

Reaction score
I'm back - truck is not. Service rep just called - "Our parts driver is sick, so the seal won't be here today, how's tomorrow?". These guys...

BTW, he says they have checked door alignment, sagging, etc... - no change.

At this point, I'm going to give them this last shot at fixing it, and if it does not work, I'm going to go to a different dealer and start some sort of record with Ford.

I know I'm lucky this is not some drive train (drivetrain?) issue, but irritating nonetheless.

Thus endeth (this) mini rant. Cheers. Mike

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm back - truck is not. Service rep just called - "Our parts driver is sick, so the seal won't be here today, how's tomorrow?". These guys...

BTW, he says they have checked door alignment, sagging, etc... - no change.

At this point, I'm going to give them this last shot at fixing it, and if it does not work, I'm going to go to a different dealer and start some sort of record with Ford.

I know I'm lucky this is not some drive train (drivetrain?) issue, but irritating nonetheless.

Thus endeth (this) mini rant. Cheers. Mike
Maybe time to apply the lemon law if available in your state.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait wait what exactly did they adjust to make the door line up? My second gen has this issue and I always thought crap design weather stripping but even after changing it noise is still there... going outside right now to see if mine is misaligned damn it!
Hab, I took it in to the dealer's body shop complained about the door being out of align and air noise. I showed the the driver's side compared to the passenger side and they asked me if I could wait for a little bit I said sure and went and prowled around the new cars in the show room and came out about 15 minutes later and it was all done. I had no idea what they did but it worked. Probably just bent the top of the door or hit it with a rubber mallet.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you do not want to watch how they fix stuff. :)

-- Chuck
Very true. I always hate when they have to disassemble anything because I've had them leave screws out and then you start hearing squeaks and rattles. The only good thing about getting older is that my hearing isn't as good as it once was so that stuff doesn't bother me as much as it used to. o_O

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of some wind noise!!!! Yeah good luck with that
Most lemon laws say three times for the same complaint. They don't say it has to be a certain system like engine/drive train, three times for the same repair. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait wait what exactly did they adjust to make the door line up? My second gen has this issue and I always thought crap design weather stripping but even after changing it noise is still there... going outside right now to see if mine is misaligned damn it!
Had to have my rear drivers side adjusted.

Before:
The two vertical trim pieces are touching, and the paint had rubbed off. The back door was too far forward.IMG_0211.JPG

After:IMG_0223.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MKMc

Reaction score
OP here. Got the truck back two days ago and its actually FIXED. The perpetually disinterested service tech grumbled something about having to 'replace all three seals - the exterior, interior and the one around the window.' I was about to come back with 'Why not do that first visit?...' but figured that would get me nowhere and I just wanted to get out of there with my (finally) non-air whistling truck.

BTW, what dealership does not wash the car after service in 2018? Or have I just been lucky with previous dealers? Regardless, this whole thing has put me off this dealer and in the future I'll be going to a different one here in St. Louis.

Thank you for all the valuable insight. Mike

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP here. Got the truck back two days ago and its actually FIXED. The perpetually disinterested service tech grumbled something about having to 'replace all three seals - the exterior, interior and the one around the window.' I was about to come back with 'Why not do that first visit?...' but figured that would get me nowhere and I just wanted to get out of there with my (finally) non-air whistling truck.

BTW, what dealership does not wash the car after service in 2018? Or have I just been lucky with previous dealers? Regardless, this whole thing has put me off this dealer and in the future I'll be going to a different one here in St. Louis.

Thank you for all the valuable insight. Mike
Awesome! Glad they got it fixed. My Ford dealer does not wash vehicles. I was spoiled from driving Mercedes for 24 years and I was used to getting them washed after any service. I have an unlimited pass at my local car wash so I get it washed a couple of times a week when I'm not being lazy.