New (to me) 2007 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whats up guys! I haven't posted on here in forever and feel so out of the loop lol So it looks like i'll be bringing home a 2007 black expo tonight XLT. Nothing fancy, but man it's going to be a nice upgrade from my 2000 Eddie Bauer.

I just wanted to know from anyone out there that might have the same truck what i should expect in this model year. Any quirks i should know about? Any major issues arise? Just kind of looking for some opinions on my new black beast.

I have a feeling i'll be on here more often now that my love for these trucks has been revamped lol

Attachments

• expo.JPG
    expo.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 161

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regular length or EL? Hard to tell in your photo.

Last edited:

ChiefRummy

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2007 eddie bauer about 5-6 weeks ago.

The fellow who owned it before me had to have a PCM module replaced.

Since I've had it I had one piece of warranty work done - the passenger bank exhaust manifold gasket needed to be replaced - I was quite happy that the powertrain warranty covered it.

Aside from that - rock solid.

Bought it at 51500 km's, has 55,500 on it now.

It towed a fair bit with its previous owner - not as much with me but still a fair bit.

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No its regular length. I've had it for a few days now and really love it. There are a few small things that I have noticed. The cig lighter next to the aux input Jack doesn't work, the passenger side lock button doesn't work and been having some issues with the radio scanning for stations.

All in all though I have loved it. I know the power train warranty covers it till 60k. Will the dealer charge me to have them check everything over? I could always say I feel a gear clunking or something like that. Not really sure how dealers are about this. I've never had a vehicle that was covered under any type of factory warranty before lol

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Does your drivers seat move forward when you hit the brakes. If so they need to replace the whole track. PITA. Really no pun.
2. Look at all painted surfaces. Had the tailgate repainted FMC has problems with bubbles, I have heard poor primer.
3. What wheels do you have. If you have the so called chrome clad, the center Ford emblem "delaminates". It will look like the blue is faded really bad.
4. How does the trans feel. There is a computer fix called reflash that removed the issues of hard bump, or the feel like you are starting out in third gear.
5. There are little plugs on the top of the door pillars. They sometimes work loose and fall inside.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got a 99 and my dad has got the 07 i like it alot we take it on the beach 2-3 times a year and it runs better than mine on the beach

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Boomer,

Thanks for all the little things to look for. I havent had any issues with the seat sliding forward at all. The wheels i have are aftermarket Boss 22's so i won't have any issues there. The only issue with the Tranny that i have noticed that i'm going to have ford check out, is i feel a slight bump when coming to a stop sometimes. a very small clunk feels like when it's going from 2nd back down into 1st. I will also have to check out the little plugs you're speaking of and making sure they are in nice and tight.

was the computer reflash covered by ford? that should be covered under the powertrain right?

ChiefRummy

Reaction score
1. Does your drivers seat move forward when you hit the brakes. If so they need to replace the whole track. PITA. Really no pun.
QUOTE]

Mine does.....not a fan to see this.

Do you know if it was a recall by chance? Something I absolutely have to get fixed?

Sounds pricey....laborwise - stealership charges 135 an hour here.....

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My seat issue was last summer at 31k. Regular warranty covered it. Error after error took three months to fix. First ordered wrong track then on back order, then allegedly they did not read the instructions that stated they had the wrong wiring harness, mine is cooled and heated. I did not leave the truck in the shop for three months just in and out four times in three months. No not a recall plus they didn't tell me if there was a TSB either, I just kept up the pressure to get it fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found out today i have two outstanding recalls on my truck. One they need to replace the fuel rail system and one he said something about the interior door handles? i understand the fuel rain system but what are they replacing with the door issue? anyone had this recall done?