Pics of 275/65/18s on a 3rd Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I want to get a set of multimile wild country radial xtxs for my 09 Expy. Problem is this tire is not made in the factory 255/70/18 size. To keep the speedo right on the money, I have found that I need 275/65/18s which those tires are made in. My only concern is rubbing and the height difference of the tire. It's fairly minimal but don't want it to look stupid either. The bfgoodrich rugged trail t/a on it now suck big time. They need to go...

Anyone running this size tire, could you post up a side profile and maybe a front or rear end shot of your truck to give me an idea??

Thanks in advance,

Tom

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't help you with a pic as I've got 20" on mine. However, that's only a 0.25mm height difference, so in regards to height and side profile you're not even going to notice it.

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, thank you!! I knew it was minimal. But yes that shouldn't be noticeable at all. Now just gotta be sure 275s won't rub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
275/65R18 replaced the older size you had from the factory. My 2013 came with 275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler SR-As.

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow!! That is awesome!! Thank you MonteCarlo

I just double checked that on the tire store website i can get my tires from... Question is why the hell didnt they tell me this when i called them 2 weeks ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 285/65R18s on factory 18"s which was the optional size for my Navi. Mine originally had 255/70R18s. I didn't notice a difference between the two and except for a bit better steering response and a little less floaty feeling I don't notice any difference in acceleration or gas mileage with 305/45R22s either. Although it does seem to brake a little better with the 22s on it, could be all butt dyno though.

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will love less floaty and better steering feel. These bfg rugged trails I just don't like at all. Granted they aren't the most evenly worn, don't even think the previous owner rotated the tires ever. This last winter I actually had worse traction in 4x4 than I had with 2003 crown Vic with almost worn out snow tires. I can't believe how bad it was.

Can't wait to get these tires on now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To clarify I didn't notice a difference between 255/70 and 285/65s. It's the 305/45s on 22"s that made a noticable inprovement.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed you wanted pics. Off the showroom floor with 275/65R18s. Edit: FWIW I'm selling the 18s with two new and two 50% tires on the rims. I picked up a set of 20" wheels and tire take offs for 700 sold the crappy OE tires for 400 bucks and picked up some 285/55R20 Michelins for 800 installed. I'll post up pics once all the tire swapping is complete.

null_zps46ef2a91.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks man!! Its even the same color :) definitely not even noticeably different. I gotta get the chrome mirror caps . That really finishes the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk