Plasti-dip Thoughts, Comments Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory steps are to bulky. I like it without the steps. If you need steps, get the rails that go wheel to wheel. I don't remember the company. I will look when I get home.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the dip... but might try a set of tube steps... i remember before I had steps... it sucked....lol.... but let me know how the dip holds up... I'm gonna paint my tan this summer

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about 4 of those electric steps that fold out when the door opens? That would give you the best of both worlds.

On another note, I never knew what this Plast Dip was that some of you refer to. Now I want to Plasti Dip all sorts of pieces on my vehicles. I've only seen black in the spray can, where did you find colors? Even the Dip website only shows black as a spray.

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would go with wheel to wheel rails as well if you have the money i think the stock steps look to civilized for that beast. how many cans did you use for the one side was there a color choice. i was thinking of rhino lining the lower quarter of my truck but this looks like a diy i can tackle.

wwareham2008

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mudryder you have pretty much made up my mind. Once summer comes I am gonna plasti dip my bumpers, side skirts, and get some nerf bars. What exact brand did you use because I want to keep everything smooth and not that gritty texture that some of the bedliners have.