Power windows please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
its a 2000 epxedition xlt trition v8 and its giving me hell now iv replaced the relay with one i just got this morning changed the window fuse under the steering checked all the wires in the boot but i used my test light on the switch it self and im seeing no power to the switch at all

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you really need to get the window up quickly, open the door panel and locate the 2 wires from the motor. Cut both wires and apply battery power. If window goes down, just reverse the polarity.

Is this the Filipino way of doing things?

WHY WOULD YOU SUGGEST CUTTING THE WIRES WHEN YOU COULD JUST UNPLUG THE CONNECTOR AT THE WINDOW MOTOR and then apply power to the connector at the motor

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
now iv looked in the boot and in the door for broken wires and seen nothing is there any other reson why the switch would not be receiving power

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Three times I have tried to help you and asked if you can read wiring diagrams and I get no response from you I give up trying to help you

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
my bad wasnt sure if u were talking to me or the guy that was saying to cut the wires and i can read them and somewhat understand them but for the most part no

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
now i found this video to get it up for now but i still need them to work regularly is there any short cuts around having to follow the wire all the way threw the truck

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My posts #5 and #6 were to YOU which were before someone suggested cutting the wires post #8 you ignored my offer to help