Projector Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dexter

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can we get a how-to on doing this??? lol

I'll be taking them all appart soon anyways. So sometime this month I'll make a very comprehensive how-to. I'll run through painting them, installing the projectors, installing the halos, doing the prism shield mod and possibly the demon eye mod.

A prism shield basicly adds a bunch of additional colorfull cut-off lines. (Which makes the projectors color flicker more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcnYwOQpAw
http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=KCcnYwOQpAw

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bad...it wasnt directed at me so i thought i was ignored...lol...my bad cuz i skip'd right over that...bad habit...i'm dealing with it though...lol

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to add CCFL halo's soon. I'm also going to do the prism shield and demon eye mod.

PLEASE PLEASE DONT DO CCFL's!!!!

trust me they are not worth it in the long run. they are prown to cracking, the invertors burn out FREQUENTLY, and they dont last as long, and aren't as bright as the LED versions.

take it from someone that knows this stuff like the back of their hands..

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

lol hey i will be installing those Halos in mine once i get to Georgia. so plan a weekend to come visit and I will show you whats involved. sound good bro?

OP
OP
Dexter

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to get the CCFL's from TRS. I haven't heard any complaints about them...

Last edited:

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Who is TRS? I used advanced automotive concepts "oracle" lighting. They are the leader in this market. Don't believe me? They have done vehicles that have been seen at SEMA as well as Shaquile O'neils personal cars, James Hetfields personal vehicles, Justin Biebers personal cars and a few other celebrities as well as 1000's of other cars on the road! I'm not saying this to puff my own chest but A) giving insight into this B) trying to find out about other companies. I primarily do work for AAC products but also work with other companies, as well.