REAL driving today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All
i snuck in a picture of today's long drive to the big city ...quitman to dallas is long time

77 mph 19.3 reads on the time avg fuel chart.
this is 6400lbs and 3.73 gears 4wd...rear ac on LO temp and high fan and front ac on auto 72F

2nd is bump to 78 and it dropped to 19.2 plus i had to pass a semi
i have a video of the road to prove i was driving, but not sure how to get it from my phone to the computer
the little piece of dark plastic is xray film to cover the dumb bright green advisory lamp telling me the the lights are on at night???

mpg2.jpg

mpg.jpg

mpg4.jpg

Last edited:

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Boy, no chance of a sweaty butt in your truck, eh? I'm still not used to the seat coolers. Makes me feel like I pee'd myself.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Boy, no chance of a sweaty butt in your truck, eh? I'm still not used to the seat coolers. Makes me feel like I pee'd myself.
i believe seat should be cool, its from flying in navy aircraft...seats are HOT and uncomfy

I just noticed the song on the radio and my rosary cross seems to be swinging aft ...weird

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PB, I use 91 oct and get about what you get. My drives are interstate and state roads but generally keep it 75 to 85 mph.

Nonetheless, pretty good for 6400 lbs. of metal and flesh!!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love seeing that kind of mileage PB. The best I had on my truck at 77 mph was 18.3 but mine is still breaking in. I was only at 1900 miles at the time. I guess as things loosen up a little it should get better. :)

To upload your video, connect your phone to your computer and transfer the file to the computer, then upload the file. Or if that doesn't work, you can post it to your YouTube channel and then add it here as a media file by clicking the film icon.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nevadageo, i use 92 octane from our grocery store, so i bet its really not the best gas.
I may this tank since i am at 1/4 go get some non ethanol 87 and see if it bumps it up.
It did in my f150, but not enough to compensate for the higher price, nearly 20 cents a gallon more

there is a guy on twitter that keeps swearing he gets 24 mpg in a suburban...i say no way
unless he drives 55 or slower.
not sure his gear ratio but i bet its not near as low as 373.
i am spinning over 2k rpm at 77 plus, i think this engine really likes the higher rpm and better breathing
andy, video is gone...in my haste to email it to myself, it is now in the twilight zone, any idea how to recover a lost video from the phone
samsung S6

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
andy, video is gone...in my haste to email it to myself, it is now in the twilight zone, any idea how to recover a lost video from the phone
samsung S6
I'm an iPhone guy but I would think that it should still be in your pictures. Nothing ever deletes in an iPhone unless I delete it. You can check your sent email box on your phone to see if there is a copy there or it might still be in your out box.

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only way we can get those mileage #'s in our '15 is to turn off the cruise control. I can then run 75-80 and still get low to mid 19's. Cruise control kills our mileage bringing it down to mid-to-high 17's.
We run mid-grade.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only way we can get those mileage #'s in our '15 is to turn off the cruise control. I can then run 75-80 and still get low to mid 19's. Cruise control kills our mileage bringing it down to mid-to-high 17's.
We run mid-grade.
i can squeeze a bit better off cruise, but i prefer cruise, and full on cold a/c on recirc
recirc actually saves fuel over the fresh air option as it cools and re cools cabin air vice cooling down the hot humid air outside,

i was told but cant verify that the a.c compressors we have now are of a variable speed or demand. sounds good, but i dont know.
I was also told by the guy that changed a line right after we got her, that the a/c runs based on temp selected, so if you select 72F that is the temp of air coming out. I dont think its true. but a variable speed or demand compressor cold potentially save some fuel

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't know that the new Expeditions had that kind of gas mileage. I've got an EL with a V8, so at most I get about 14-15 mpg. When I'm driving slowly on a dirt road covered in snow with 4WD engaged, I get about 8-9. Crazy to see how far the fuel efficiency technology in these trucks have come. Thank you all for sharing some of your fuel-saving ideas, I'll test some of them out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire