SBC engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I know it's a sin to even think of putting a chevy engine in a ford but I have a nice built small block chevy motor sitting in my garage and just got to wondering what it would take to install in my expedition. Obviously it would take some custom mounts and I'm sure a lot of other fabbed up stuff but how hard do yall think it would actually be?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it would probably be a huge PITA. you would have to change out all the wiring harnesses, flash ECU's, replace ECU's, it wouldnt mount to your transmission, you would probably have to modify your firewall....these are just a few of the problems. i really dont know too much about engines yet but doesnt look good!

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmmmmm why would you do the chevy motor, think big 427 BB yup that will tear it up :)

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aside from all the lights on the dash your biggest obstacle would be motor mounts, assuming that you will use a TH350, TH400 or 700R4 trans. It wouldn't be to bad if you just use all AutoMeter guages and ditch the stock dash.

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it would probably be a huge PITA. you would have to change out all the wiring harnesses, flash ECU's, replace ECU's, it wouldnt mount to your transmission, you would probably have to modify your firewall....these are just a few of the problems. i really dont know too much about engines yet but doesnt look good!

Good points. Guess the time and money would be better spent on something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker