Shocks for 2" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, he bought the 4 inch lift ones I believe....

I saw somewhere Rancho has shocks specially for 2 inch lifts/levels

The link was for 0" lift shocks, and yes rancho does make shocks for 2" of lift but they're pretty expensive.

The MN's are: RS5372 and RS5246 for front and rear.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind buying those but those are for stock ride height. If I'm gonna get shocks for 0" of lift I'd rather just keep my OEM ones. I've heard good stuff about procomp though.

I used the stock height shocks due to the retailers advise. I have 2'' spacers in the rear and torsion twist about 3'' higher in the front. I was gonna buy the 4'' lift shocks and they told me to stick with the stock size.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stock size should work fine... I have the shocks that came with my fabtech 6" lift and also have added the coil spacer and new keys... so in theory it would be the same as stock shock length with a spacer and tt

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I have done some research for the shocks I am having put on this week. I had to take it to a garage because I couldn't get the bolts off. And the garage had to cut them off anyways. Stock shocks in Pennsylvania winters for the past 14 years. :)

Pro Comp shocks on my 97 Expy with TT and 3" spacers in the rear. I bought them from 4wheelparts.com with free shipping they were 39.99 each.
Part number: EXP917517 with measurements of 17.08 in. extended; 10.58 in. collapsed.
Part Number: EXP924504 with measurements of 24.84 in. extended; 14.82 in. collapsed.

Without a the leveling/lift kit (Stock) the Pro Comps have a different part number
Part Number: EXP915511 with measurements of 15.69 in. extended; 10.02 in. collapsed.
Part Number: EXP922504 with measurements of 22.58 in. extended; 13.71 in. collapsed.

It's my understanding (and there are a lot of members on here) running the stock shock height and can vouch when I say they work just fine. However they do make some longer, I believe for more wheel travel?

Here is a link for Rancho's RS5000 series shocks for the 1"-2.5" leveling/lift too.

http://gorancho.com/shock_lookup.php?cat=shock&year=1997&make=FORD&model=Expedition+&drive=4WD&height=1.00-in.+-+2.50-in.&submodel=All+Models&x=47&y=8

Hope this helps.