Show me your HOODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the reason the hood for 97-02 expy will fit 97-03 f150 is cuz they didnt change the front end on the f150 until 2004.

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your looking for paint ideas, here is what I did to my truck. The truck has been repainted with a Lexus pearl white and the tu-tone is done in a Lexus grey pearl. The two colors are separated with a burgundy stripe.

Hard to see in this photo though. I'm still in the build process on the truck and haven't down much to it lately. Even if it was done I wouldnt drive it during the winter anyways. After the Holidays I'll get back to the Audio system part of the build. Thinking of integrating the new I Pad into the dash to control the system. We'll see how that goes.

DSC_0170.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your looking for paint ideas, here is what I did to my truck. The truck has been repainted with a Lexus pearl white and the tu-tone is done in a Lexus grey pearl. The two colors are separated with a burgundy stripe.

Hard to see in this photo though. I'm still in the build process on the truck and haven't down much to it lately. Even if it was done I wouldnt drive it during the winter anyways. After the Holidays I'll get back to the Audio system part of the build. Thinking of integrating the new I Pad into the dash to control the system. We'll see how that goes.

DSC_0170.jpg

is there a rule with the seperating stripe? i see a lot of red, gray/silver...maybe orange...how crazy would it be to 2-tone flip-flop paint...or to fade flip-flop up to kandy or down to kandy...

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is there a rule with the seperating stripe? i see a lot of red, gray/silver...maybe orange...how crazy would it be to 2-tone flip-flop paint...or to fade flip-flop up to kandy or down to kandy...

There is no rule for what color to use as a stripe, its really up to you. I know your leaning to a Candy paint job but honestly I would stay away from it if I were you. Besides being crazy expensive to do properly, its not at all meant for a street driven in the sun all the time vehicle. I did a Candy blue Dodge Magnum a few years back that was meant to be a "show only" type of car, then the owner used it as daily transportation. In two years the Sun killed the paint job and it had to be completely redone. Candies are also very hard to repair since you can't blend in the repair area into the panel.

I wouldn't even paint one of my cars Candy and it doesn't cost me anything for the labor.

Last edited:

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your really into green, consider using a 2 stage formula. Here is a Chrysler 300 we did in Dodge Viper Snakeskin & Black. The colors were separated with a silver that we did a snakeskin pattern in. The color is striking when you see it but is much easier to repair then a 3 stage Candy color.

DSC03289.jpg

Close up of the graphic in the silver stripe

DSC_0558.jpg

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like that!!! i think i may want a darker green...nevertheless that is a great scheme...i've been looking 4ever and have yet to come up with a different, 1-off 2-tone idea...i'm definitely staying green though...thanks for the tip on kandy...i guess a lot of clear coats

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Todays paints are mostly Hi Solids so you don't need alot of coats of clear to give it that look. On show cars I generally only use 3 coats of clear. I of course wet sand then polish the paint so its flat.

Be prepared to spend some serious coin even with just doing a basecoat / clearcoat repaint. High quality paint jobs aren't cheap.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todays paints are mostly Hi Solids so you don't need alot of coats of clear to give it that look. On show cars I generally only use 3 coats of clear. I of course wet sand then polish the paint so its flat.

Be prepared to spend some serious coin even with just doing a basecoat / clearcoat repaint. High quality paint jobs aren't cheap.

im guessing $7k to include painting interior pieces...is that about right?