Suddently dont start hellpppp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2003 Expedition 5.4l EB 4X4 107000 MILES
Yesterday start a strange noise as sonn as i try to start up the vehicle like a buzzing relay in the fuse panel in pasenger side, i just try two or three times and start fine, this morning same thing but went trying to start up only buzzing relay sound without results any advice going to be apreciate.
Thanks!

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first thing I would do is identify the buzzing relay and see what it does. Might be a bad fuel pump relay, just a wild guess

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Fuel pump relay is bad it can be replaced if you are able to solder a new relay in
If not then the best thing to do is replace the fuse box Be careful as the 03 expedition used two different fuse boxes AND you need to replace it with the EXACT part number.

If you suspect the relay is going bad there is a way to place a jumper and bypass the contacts See the attached link

See post #3 in this link

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/fuse-box-repair-vs-replace-its-time-unfortunately.35365/

Keep the forum posted on your results

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but vehicle don't crank just turn the key to the on position and the buzzing sound start.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Put your ear near the fuse box and listen so you may find out what is causing the buzz
May be a bad relay

Report back with your findings.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

Do you have a Volt Meter?

Do you have a copy of the owners manual??

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Put your ear near the fuse box and listen so you may find out what is causing the buzz
May be a bad relay

Report back with your findings.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams? Yes

Do you have a Volt Meter? Yes

Do you have a copy of the owners manual??
Yes

I just start to take out and put back and start up again have to identify the bad one, i dont like that situation

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the connection contact points You may have to clean them up or tighten them together by bending them closer together. Let us know which relay is causing the problem

Your in PR by any chance did the expy get any water damage from the storms??

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the connection contact points You may have to clean them up or tighten them together by bending them closer together. Let us know which relay is causing the problem

Your in PR by any chance did the expy get any water damage from the storms??

No the expi was all time in the garage no water damage not a single drop. But theres a lot of humidity here, going to clean in the weekend this is something that have to be done with calm and a box of beers

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi to all, just happened again 6 month later, I just read again an is a bad fuel pump relay, just swap the PCM relay by the fog light relay and start up again, I notice the middle contact of the PCM relay is little melted, if anyone can send my a link how to repair the fuse box going to be appreciate, want to give a try prior to spent $$$$ in a new fuse box.
Thanks guys!