Super Charger Options for 4.6L 2v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donl

Reaction score
I have been searching but haven't found anything specifically identified as applicable.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ProCharger lists a supercharger kit for 97-03 5.4/4.6: ProCharger Truck Supchargers

Can I ask why you're considering adding a S/C to your truck? Depending on how many miles you have, it might not be the best idea in the world.

If you're looking for a little more grunt off the line have you considered Intake/Exhaust/Tune?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind do you want? I think a twin screw would be better for a truck personally.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
ProCharger lists a supercharger kit for 97-03 5.4/4.6: ProCharger Truck Supchargers

Can I ask why you're considering adding a S/C to your truck? Depending on how many miles you have, it might not be the best idea in the world.

If you're looking for a little more grunt off the line have you considered Intake/Exhaust/Tune?

The truck has 110K miles rolled up but I will drive it until one of us dies. I understand that the 4.6L bottom end is not the toughest and the added load of super charger, under hard use, could lead to crank/rod failure. However, the motor has been well maintained, still runs great and IMHO, if not abused would hold up for another 50K to 100K miles if I were to install a super charger.

Another option I have considered is re-building another 4.6l short block, having heads worked, install some mile torque cams and super charge the rebuilt motor to replace the original motor somtime in the future.

The only current modification is a Sniper tune from a forum member, Matt Robinson, AKA Green03. I have avoided exhaust because the last thing I want is more noise in the cab and without driving a vehicle with a system installed, I can't be sure which system to install.

So, yes, I have considered intake/exhaust/tune but tune is as far as I have gone. Open to suggestions; that's why I joined the forum.:smoke2:

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
The truck has 110K miles rolled up but I will drive it until one of us dies. I understand that the 4.6L bottom end is not the toughest and the added load of super charger, under hard use, could lead to crank/rod failure. However, the motor has been well maintained, still runs great and IMHO, if not abused would hold up for another 50K to 100K miles if I were to install a super charger.

Another option I have considered is re-building another 4.6l short block, having heads worked, install some mile torque cams and super charge the rebuilt motor to replace the original motor somtime in the future.

The only current modification is a Sniper tune from a forum member, Matt Robinson, AKA Green03. I have avoided exhaust because the last thing I want is more noise in the cab and without driving a vehicle with a system installed, I can't be sure which system to install.

So, yes, I have considered intake/exhaust/tune but tune is as far as I have gone. Open to suggestions; that's why I joined the forum.:smoke2:

bump

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Have you looked into the mustang forums? Might be more info for the 4.6 there. Personally I would go the build a motor outside of the truck route. You can sell the running motor with 110k for a bit of money if someone is just looking for a drop-in runner.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of u really want to supercharge it u need more than just engine u need to look into transmissiomu as well iam not trying to burst your bubble but here it goes . My expedition had a 4.6 with wr70 transmission I kept my eyes open for a downer truck I found a 2001 expedition that had a 5.4 with a wr/100 4x4 it had 31, 000 miles on it got it for 1, 000 dollars sold every thing I did not need made my money back . You can see my post here on here. Back to your question your truck has tomany miles on it the bottom end will never hold up nor will the transmission . Look for a downer truck or like one of the people said to me from here said sell your truck and buy the one you want.