superchargers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom_1

Reaction score
I have an 2003 expo with a built 5.4 with a Kenne Bell supercharger. I'm looking for someone who makes a water to air intercooler that will fit?

Randy

Reaction score
Does your KB unit run that much hotter that you need an intercooler? I am looking for a KB to put in my 2000 5.4L because I do quite a bit of heavy towing with it, and was under the impression that the twin-screw design of the KB did not create as much heat as a centrifical supercharger. Should I be looking for a different supercharger setup?
Have you called the KB people about an intercooler? They seem to be pretty helpful.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have to do some custom intake work to get an intercooler under a KB??

IIRC, you're gonna have to do a lot of fabbing to get an intercooler in there...

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you swap a factory intake for a lightning under there? I thought KB had intercooled kits now... maybe you can get the parts from them to go intercooled.
Not sure,
Matt R

OP
OP
P

phantom_1

Reaction score
the KB unit by itself does not need an inter cooler up to about 8-10 psi of boost but my engine has been built to handle upwards of 900+ hp. I'm maxed out on boost right now to the amount of heat being produced. The intercooled superchargers now being built for for 3v heads and I have the 2v heads. I was really wondering if anybody new if the 2v Lightning intake would work?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a KB Lightning replacement blower that will bolt up to the Lightning intake, but I'm 99% sure that the non-IC units won't simply bolt up.