That drivetrain shudder you feel? Yeah, it might be something else.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On one very cold start this past winter, I clearly noticed a fishbite misfire when I was behind the Expy shoveling the snow. Was very clear from the exhaust sound.

I immediately knew that I have at least one bad plug… at 25k miles of highways!

My last car that had a fishbite misfire on cold morning was a 1990s VW golf!

I am also getting the occasional stumbling at the first red light (or stop sign) of the day.

Matt Ostrem

Reaction score
So Im resurrecting this thread as my 2015 (115K miles) has the same exact symptoms as NukeLife's 2018. Had a flashing CEL a couple weeks ago after several weeks of the symptoms. Took it in to Ford here in Tampa and they found a leaking valve cover which they said was causing a misfire. Valve cover gaskets and plugs replaced. Symptoms did not go away. They are almost constant while towing my 5,000 pound boat. Did some research and found this thread. Took it back, gave them a printout of NukeLife's post, and they gave me the following: They said there is no misfire or transmission issue. They think it could be unevenly worn tires, alignment, worn lower control arms and a steering rack that has some play in it. All to the tune of $3500.00. I still don't think it's any of those as the shudder is too fast, think engine speed not tire rotation speed, to be any of their suggestions. Getting new tires and alignment (Not from Ford) as I needed them anyways. Just don't think that is going to solve the issue. Going to try putting it on a code reader myself even though the assured me they did the same.