Theft light blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewey630

Reaction score
ok...started out as a heater core replacement. I took me a few days of on and off working to finally replace the heater core, and all this time the battery was disconnected. I did not completely remove the dash, just got it loose enough to remove the cowling on the heater core. Yesterday, finally got it all back together. Went to start, and the theft light was blinking fast. I looked up on the net. Tried the procedure of cycling on and off 3 times. But it didnt work. I disconnected the battey for an hour or so and retried. But again, nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you want to clear the cpu, you need to do it completely. Take a look at this procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAsoqmqhdM

Although this may be a very good video and advice it really has nothing to do with the OP's problem. If the Op missed a connection it wouldn't do any good to try and reset the cpu as the missing connection would still give a theft light flashing

His problem is that he disconnected wiring to repair the heater core and since he reassembled He is getting a theft light blinking.

I would agree with stamp1127 that the problem is that the Op missed a connection

OP
OP
D

dewey630

Reaction score
Ok....tried something today. Rechecked connections on lower passenger side....ok. tilted the steering wheel a couple times kinda hard and light went out. Truck started right up. Turned off and on....light blinked a couple time, then off. Again started right up. Loose connection? I just dropped steering down but not removed. I didnt even detach the dash from that side.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the connections near the steering column. It may be the pats transceiver that is causing the issue. It may have pulled loose when swinging the dash or dropping the column.

OP
OP
D

dewey630

Reaction score
Ok, took dash apart and check connections....everything was good. pulled cowling from under steering and a clip by the ignition switch was hanging there....its a single black wire with purple tracer. It slides into a slot in the switch but the black wire is bent....is this a problem? I enclosed a picture of it.

Attachments

• 20150423_173621.jpg
    20150423_173621.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20150423_173643.jpg
    20150423_173643.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 65

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your expy? For my 99 it is the warning chime lead for key in ignition.

Last edited: