These things have a lot if black plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I washed the Expedition today. When I was done all the plastic trim pieces looked like gray crap. I have the Meguires black trim restorer so I thought now is a good time to try it. It went on easy. The piece I tried looks good. Now I was committed to doing it all. Mirrors, roof rack and crossbars, bumpers. The only thing I didn't use it on is the running boards. I don't want then too slippery. I have some other Meguires trim foam for those.
uregy6a6.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed! (although I have an advantage in that my EB lower cladding is beige)

I ended up using Turtle Wax trim restorer. It worked pretty good on the roof rack and other dark bits, but the pad on the rear bumper is another story. I'll probably need to do that 4x a year to keep that looking anything but gray!

RockyF150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could just do the edge of the running boards. leave the step w/o it.
Looks great though. I'd like to see a completed shot

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
It looks like the Meguires works pretty well.

I just got some 303 Products 30350 Aerospace Protectant recently and I really like the way it works. It may be used on the interior, rubber, etc...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XBCURW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was recommended by some detail aficionados in a taurus sho forum. So far I have only used it on my sho so the black was far less faded. It also works like sunscreen for your car.

Last edited:

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What works really good, and lasts a crazy amount of time. Is that as seen on tv stuff called wipe new!! I used back to black and another trim restorer a couple times on a friends toyota rav4 and it only lasted maybe a month or two max and was all faded and gray again. Spent 20 bucks on one box of this wipe new early last spring and it was amazing. We never redid it again to this day still looks perfect one bottle did a rav4 just fine. I suppose on these trucks you may need 2 bottles.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And theyre selling it for $62+shipping/handling per 3 ounces

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stick to Meguires, just saying. Good day to all

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And theyre selling it for $62+shipping/handling per 3 ounces

Are u talking about the wipe new? Its $19.99 in stores now. I have seen at walgreens in the little as seen on tv section they have and i bought my bottle at bed, bath and beyond of all places. Never ever seen it for that high of price? Where are you located ezeq?