time for new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi guys. i have an 07 el and its time for new rubber before winter. i want something aggressive but has to still work in snow. question is who has what and how do you like them. i need something between a 33 or 35 on a 20" rim. also how well do the 35s fit under an 07 with a 3/2 lift

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 07 35's wont fit unless you do some heavy trimming up front. I have the 3/2 with 33's and had to do some trimming. Granted I do have an agg. offset but I cant see 35's fitting regardless. Btw do not compare the 2nd gen to the 3rd when it comes to tire sizes, they are different heights. The 3rd gen 4x4's sit at the same height as the 4x2's so ignore when maufacturers say that 35s will clear on 4x4 trucks.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks, ya i thought it looked a little tight for a 35, was looking at the f250 factory 20s that come out to a 34 but if you had to trim with 33s then thats where ill stay. i was looking at dune grappler, mud grappler, or something aggressive but it needs to do good in snow also.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F250s are 8 lug if im not mistaken so they wont fit. Keep in mind that the smaller the rim the more tire you are gonna have which will help you in the snow. As far as tires go, there are guys here that know a crap load more then me and actually use them in the snow lol

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go with a decent AT which grip great all year, I would say bfg at, I like my ltx at/2's but they probably arent agressive enough

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went with the falken high country. Got a good deal at my old work 305/50/20 for $214 each and no mount or balance charges. Did a little light wheeling today and they seemed good so far. Towed a trailer about 120 miles on them sat. No complaints so far.