Tinted the tail light lenses on the '11 today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FREEWAY, it's very simple...when you sand them initially you WETSAND them with 2000 grit. 2000 grit feels almost like regular paper. It's extremely fine. Once you wetsand the factory shine off, you do light coats of nightshades until the light is as dark as you want. Wait 15 minutes in between coats. Then you do 4 coats of clear...make sure the last coat is heavy. After letting that dry for a few hours, you wetsand the clear lightly untill it looks smooth. Finally you hit it with a buffer and some rubbing compound for that shine.

Here are mine that I did a year ago:
6686ca86.jpg

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
freeway I feel ya, I cant spray paint even if my life depended on it $50-$100 at most paint shops and they shine like a ****** ******! after i got mine (gen 3 from Emendoza) some of the guys at work went and did there's at the local paint shop (columbus,GA aka FT Benning) and that was the average price for two tails and the 3rd brake light