Too Good to be true???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Expeditionary

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait how would it look weird with 35's? Has anyone checked amazon?

35s will look like skateboard wheels on 11"s of lift. It looks good on 5" or even 7" dosent look bad at all (tonydiv) but with 11" of lift (3" body, 6" fabtech, torsion keys, and spacer) your lookin weird lol.

Nuts 37s look good with his but I must say Muds 38.5s look even better.
As far as 40s go... if thermo can squeeze 37s on 4"s then i think another 3" of tire wouldnt be too much to ask out of a 11" lifted expy.

Dont roll it

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I' m going to give a different side of this 11" of lift idea. Keep in mind that the front hubs are built around 31-33" tires. When you start stepping up to 40" tires, the front hubs are not going to handle this really well, especially if you take it out 4x4ing. I'm sure those of us pushing the edge with tire size can relate to this. It isn't so much that the tire height is the issue, it is that as you get a taller tire, the tires also get a lot wider. In this case, you are now twisting the hub side to side instead of the tires being centered on the hub. This side to side motion is what trashes a hub bearing. You start running the outside edge of the tire on rocks and whatnot and that stress becomes very large.

Will this work? Sure. Can you drive it without falling apart, for the most part. But, I would plan on becoming an expert on replacing front hub bearings as I can see them being replaced every 25K miles or so. This is one of the things keeping me from stepping up to 40's with only the 4" lift (yes, 40's on 4, but that is a lot more work than most are willing to do).

If that is the look that you are wanting, then go for it. Just understand the possibilities that you are getting into. I would hate to see you get into this, spend this kind of money just to find out that the truck has become too expensive to drive.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know that mine will see very little 4wheeling :bawl: So I not worried about the tire size. Plus doing bearings every so often so I can have 40"s seems like a fair deal??? Now if I could get a shipping deal I'd be set. :flamingdevil:

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like it is coming directly from fabtech. canadian is nuts close enough? to ship to him and then drive down? maybe pick up lift and go hunting, so both can ***** it up in his tree stand.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks like it is coming directly from fabtech. canadian is nuts close enough? to ship to him and then drive down? maybe pick up lift and go hunting, so both can ***** it up in his tree stand.

Hahaha:signs8: He is actually close to my parents, but I wouldn't want to put anyone on the spot to be responsible for a package going to them....Even though I have meet the grand ***** in person at Bloomsburg 2010. I do blame him though for my desire to be bigger!!!:flamingdevil:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
So $250 shipping + $100 minium for brokerage + $200 Tax + maybe duty.!!
So $600 bucks plus the difference in the dollar ...(Dam economy):mad:
Anybody close to the border???

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
So $250 shipping + $100 minium for brokerage + $200 Tax + maybe duty.!!
So $600 bucks plus the difference in the dollar ...(Dam economy):mad:
Anybody close to the border???

How is that compared to if you were to buy it there?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev