Tow pkg/charging question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew66

Reaction score
I have an 07 Expy with the factory tow package. My question is if it is set up from the factory to be able to charge the battery on my camper? In other words, is there anything I need to do to be able to charge the camper battery or is it basically plug in the 7 pin connector to the one on the trailer, assuming the trailer is wired up to charge the battery? Thanks.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just make sure that fuse #13 and the battery charge relay are installed in the battery junction box

and that fuse #42 is installed in the smart junction box

if all are installed check at the 7 pin connector for voltage and you should be good to go

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sometimes ford doesn't install the relay and fuses but they may be in the jack compartment
also applies to the brake controller relay for trailer brakes

OP
OP
mikew66

mikew66

Reaction score
sometimes ford doesn't install the relay and fuses but they may be in the jack compartment
also applies to the brake controller relay for trailer brakes

Yeah I found the fuse, relay, and also the wiring harness for the brake controller in the jack area. Thanks.