TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m going to change out the tpms sensors on my 2011 navigator. I’m not sure where to get them. All of the ones I have seen online vary in price and got mixed reviews. Anyone here bought any recently or maybe know of a decent brand?

OP
OP
T

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. It shows two different types. One is strapped to the center of the wheel and the other is on the valvestem. Does it matter which one?

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, they are slightly different. My 2010 XLT originally had the "band strap" style sensors, I put in the valve stem type in a new set of wheels and they won't train. Any ford dealer can tell you which style you have, if you give them your VIN

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If using band style TPMS purchase them from Airtex and not Ford. Ford is just the middle man and purchases them from Airtex, marks them up and sells to you. Airtex is the OEM designer and producer of them and supplied to Ford originally. They say FoMoCo right on them from Airtex, source (myself) lol. I Payed a lot less going directly to the OEM supplier in this case. Use RockAuto.com.

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If using band style TPMS purchase them from Airtex and not Ford. Ford is just the middle man and purchases them from Airtex, marks them up and sells to you. Airtex is the OEM designer and producer of them and supplied to Ford originally. They say FoMoCo right on them from Airtex, source (myself) lol. I Payed a lot less going directly to the OEM supplier in this case. Use RockAuto.com.
Good to know, thank you. Just in case the ones in my 2010 give me any problems

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have to emit the proper Megahertz to work and lots on ebay. Go by the part # to match up to your truck.

OP
OP
T

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I have the band type now as I have a standard valvestem. I’m swapping wheels due to the fact that two of my oem chrome wheels leak badly around the lip and valvestem hole that and the chrome is peeling. I picked up a set of wheels from a f150 limited (almost exact matches) and just want to be sure with new ones

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a set of winter wheels and thought I could exclude the tpms's but had a light and text showing so I put some band type ones in an abs plastic tube, pressurized it, and trained the computer. Now I have the summer ones on but didn't bother to train the ones in there.