Transmission and drive mode issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottfedm

Reaction score
I have a 2018 xlt with 48000 miles. As I’m driving and it starts shifting through the gears, i feels like it slips, misses or hesitates a bit. It just started doing this. Also i realized when i hit the drive mode button, nothing happens. Drive mode options don’t show up anymore for me to choose from. Has anyone else seen this before and more so how to address it?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 xlt with 48000 miles. As I’m driving and it starts shifting through the gears, i feels like it slips, misses or hesitates a bit. It just started doing this. Also i realized when i hit the drive mode button, nothing happens. Drive mode options don’t show up anymore for me to choose from. Has anyone else seen this before and more so how to address it?

Five-year / 60,000 power train warranty.

TheSpecialMan

Reaction score
I had the same transmission slipping issue at 46,000 miles on '18 plat, though the drive modes didn't disappear. After a couple of months of the transmission being not quite right, I got a "powertrain malfunction" notice and took it to the dealer. After several months there and various attempts to fix the problem they let me know a few days ago that Ford approved a whole new transmission "off the factory line" that is supposed to be installed this week.