Travel Trailers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ynpmoose

Reaction score
What is up with that semi's wheels???

Is he.....STANCED?????!!!!!

It almost looks like it in the rear, or at least smaller wheels. He had ramps for the smart car, so I could see why you would want to get the rear as low as possible.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up the same way - a 10x18 Ted Williams tent from Sears. My dad packed that thing into a 1-wheel trailer we pulled behind a VW bus. I remember him saying as the guys with pop-ups went thru the campground, "That's not camping!!" Of course 40 years later I have a 30' travel trailer with all the amenities. Gotta spoil the grandkids!!!
My idea of camping is staying at a Holiday in Express instead of a Holiday in Select. :dogpile::Big Laugh::biggrin:

Plrs X45

Reaction score
A general "safe" rule is not to tow over 80% of the total max tow rating. ex. 10000 tow rating would be safe to tow 8000 with no issues.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A general "safe" rule is not to tow over 80% of the total max tow rating. ex. 10000 tow rating would be safe to tow 8000 with no issues.
And use the GVWR nor the UVW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mactlc

Reaction score
A little late to this post, love the big rigs but don't want a second mortgage so I have a 32ft ultralight 5300 dry and GVWR of 7200. My 2015 EL tows it like a champ. I have never experienced any sway as I travel throughout Colorado. Not the best photo but it serves its purpose.

IMG_20180201_084448.jpg

OP
OP
J

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A little late to this post, love the big rigs but don't want a second mortgage so I have a 32ft ultralight 5300 dry and GVWR of 7200. My 2015 EL tows it like a champ. I have never experienced any sway as I travel throughout Colorado. Not the best photo but it serves its purpose.

View attachment 23650
I googled your TT there were several but I think they got the best floor plan I have seen.

pennyanguy

Reaction score
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I think the question is pertinent here. Have my 2007 EXP EL LTD for less than a year now, TT is not huge...Jayco 23B hybred...EXP tows it fine, but she is pretty light at like #3600. The biggest issue I have is seeing around it! I can not seem to find a decent tow mirror that fits the EXP mirrors, and I do not want the hassle of installing complete new mirrors...My truck at 100K miles is completely stock and in perfect shape...I dont want to be installing new stuff and screw up something electrical or so.

Anyone know a good tow mirror that is not a "clamp on" piece of junk? I like the **** mirrors but they do not make a model that fits the EXP.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use these

http://www.ksource.org/Towing-HitchingProduct.asp?Lavel=3&Category=Universal&ID=14&ProductNo=3990

Theyre clamp on and hardly junk. They work very well for being universal and once clamped down they don't move at all

I use the same ones and have 5,000 miles of towing with them. The dual/convex mirrors on each one help but if someone is sitting on your butt you may not see them back there. I do a slight swerve once in a while to see if anyone is back there.