treating faded / oxidized black painted or coated surfaces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting stuff that fukken wax.. Sounds similar to some stuff I used to use back in the day do'in trade-ins all day... It was a real bright blue liquid, had smells of solvent in the mix yet protected like a wax (in fact was called a 'something' wax I think) without turning white... As a matter of fact if memory serves me right, We'd use it as a final wipe down on new showroom units... (like windex)...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line - I've used it on faded plastic before. It worked. So I shared. Sorry that Megs can't do it - you also can't use normal Megs wax on the plastic door handles, bumper pads, etc - just turns them white. Fukken doesn't!

Biggest fun I have on a forum is with people who have never used it, or don't think it will do what it does. Its all good, can't win 'em all!

Like I said I dont doubt the wax at all, I can throw water on fading black and it will look new untill the sun hits or it drys, then all your doing is adding more chemicals to remove when you wanna do it right. Now if you had a new car and you threw some of that stuff on it, thats a different story.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I did see a thread where a guy with an f150 had some oxidation and fukken took it right off. My only concers is how abrasive is this stuff. Im just worried knowing the 3-5 steps it takes to remove oxidation and this stuff does it in one shot. I have some water warks on my right front.

OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about a super thin coat of that rhino stuff for things like racks? (stock or not) that would look pretty nice... I'm concerned about straight paint, flaking after a few months with the two materials expanding / contracting differently... Although a 'spraypaint' type application would be more of a permanent restore... The Rhino stuff has some rubber compounds in it doesn't it?

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting stuff that fukken wax.. Sounds similar to some stuff I used to use back in the day do'in trade-ins all day... It was a real bright blue liquid, had smells of solvent in the mix yet protected like a wax (in fact was called a 'something' wax I think) without turning white... As a matter of fact if memory serves me right, We'd use it as a final wipe down on new showroom units... (like windex)...

Placed an order of Fukken wax yesterday for this exact reason...the trim on my doors is starting to fade. I'll update next week when it comes in and we'll see how it looks.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Although I did see a thread where a guy with an f150 had some oxidation and fukken took it right off. My only concers is how abrasive is this stuff. Im just worried knowing the 3-5 steps it takes to remove oxidation and this stuff does it in one shot. I have some water warks on my right front.

check this out - http://www.ramforum.com/f81/why-i-love-fukken-wax-5993/

Trust me - I was once a naysayer too. :D I couldn't imagine putting it on my vehicle (new or old for that matter), but once you use it - you're hooked. Its like crack! :joke:

Just have to remember that there needs to be a level of common sense here too. Can't go muddin' then think it will work for that. :badidea: Light oxidation, no problem.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check this out - http://www.ramforum.com/f81/why-i-love-fukken-wax-5993/

Trust me - I was once a naysayer too. :D I couldn't imagine putting it on my vehicle (new or old for that matter), but once you use it - you're hooked. Its like crack! :joke:

Just have to remember that there needs to be a level of common sense here too. Can't go muddin' then think it will work for that. :badidea: Light oxidation, no problem.

I say send me a can to "TEST" and I will go to Solisimo's house and try it on his Expy.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wish we had samples! We tried to get smaller cans just for that - they cost the same as the regular size cans! Shipping kiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllls us on an idea of trying to do samples. But, we stand behind our product - if you don't like it, send it back for a refund! (haven't had one yet! :D)

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to be a "negative Nancy" but bondo makes some stuff specifically for this and I do say it works pretty good @$10 a bottle.not too bad and it says it lasts 6 months its more like a year before some of the gloss goes away, my buddy has an 01 lightning and he had pretty much tried everything to get the black plastic on the top of his bed and the step pad on the bumper back black ( meguiars, mother's, black magic etc.) and he said this stuff is the $#!+ so that's what I use on everything black and plastic on mine. And it dries hard and shiny not greasy like other stuff (absorbs dust/dirt when moist) I still am down for some fukken when used as a quick detail spray glosses over really nice, but as he stated early I never let it get on the black plastic (I thought it would dry white) I can't really try it because none of my trim is "ashy" anymore

Sent from space using taptalk