Triton V8 or Ecoboost V6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a bit of an uproar (understandably) on the Mercedes Forum today because Mercedes Benz isn't making replacement keys for the ML anymore. If you have one without a key, you're up the creek!
Really? for which year? The 03 had the switchblade key like the 2016 Fusion, the 06 had the infrared key that had fit in the plastic slot on the dash, and the 09, that I had, had the push button ignition like the Expedition.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OP had a 2003, but it looks like some others were in the same boat.
https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w163/628004-they-stopped-making-my-key.html

My 06 C class has the one with the slot in the dash as well, makes me think I should order another key just in case...
It might not be a bad idea but they are like $500 for the key. My son had to replace the entire ignition switch and key in his 99 E320 a couple of years ago and that was around $1500 (in his case, his ignition switch went bad.) He only got one key and a second was going to be $500 so he didn't get one. He finally got rid of it in February when he bought his 2014 Flex.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had to have one made for our GL450 and it was $240. I have two keys, so I'll probably just chance it. I only drive it about 1,000 miles a year.

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No way am I spending $50K. I could put $10K in the old '93 and have a vehicle I would be happy with for years to come. The '03 has already been lowered vie Eiibach and Bilstein shocks, exhaust recently replaced from cats back with Magnaflow hardware and she rolls on 20" wheel with Michelin LTX tires with many miles left.

However, I am seeing several '14-'16 XLT model with 25K-35K miles going for $28K-$35K in south Texas, which does have me scratching my head.

Thanks again for the feed back; keep it coming.;)

I'm on 20's as well, 22's for a while too. 'Would love to see a pic of it lowered...? thanks!

Alexx123

Reaction score
I really enjoyed reading... Increasing octane, increase power?, There is no unleash power on factory engines? And finally some people think that a turbo engine will lasts more than a natural aspirated... True that looks like ford doesn't learn from mistakes, and is not completely fair to evaluate and compare engines generation...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65