Triton V8 or Ecoboost V6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not bashing you for buying new.

Actually that's exactly what you're doing.

You're telling someone how they should spend THEIR money. Worry about your own finances.

You've derailed this thread with your bs. Somehow we go from talking engines to you being the forums financial advisor.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can we stop this debate already? I'm sure the creator of this forum already has enough info to decide. By now it's just a mess of argument, contradictions, and denials. Enjoyable to read, yes, but it's time to end this shit-show.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually that's exactly what you're doing.

You're telling someone how they should spend THEIR money. Worry about your own finances.

You've derailed this thread with your bs. Somehow we go from talking engines to you being the forums financial advisor.

I'm not talking to you nor would I ever please never quote me again. You aren't important enough for me to address. I only address respectable open minded people who can hold a conversation on this forum which you are not. I'm out.

5x10

Reaction score
Back to my dad being a general manager for a dealership, it's totally common for people to buy a new car every year or so
I remember when I was younger, my dad would tell me about his repeat customers and how buying cars were some people's hobbies
Buying used doesn't mean there is something wrong with the car

ranger024x4

Reaction score
Back to my dad being a general manager for a dealership, it's totally common for people to buy a new car every year or so
I remember when I was younger, my dad would tell me about his repeat customers and how buying cars were some people's hobbies
Buying used doesn't mean there is something wrong with the car
yep! I've owned 9 cars since Jan 1 myself.. currently down to 3. One of which I purchased new and already shipped it. Out of the group, only 2 I really wanted to sell.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, nine in 8 months? Sounds like that motorcycle collecting phase I went through a few years ago....LOL.

Buy new, buy used, lease.....

I'm one of those people that will buy new or used and keep FOREVER. The hardest part of buying my truck in the first place was getting my head around payments again. It had been many years since I had a pymt....and I'll keep this truck long after it's paid for...and THAT is how I save over those that trade in or lease....but that's all my choice as is for anyone to make a different choice. I guarantee you that we all think we are doing the right thing for our own situations...buy new, buy used, lease..whatever...because none of us would do it if we really thought it was the wrong thing to do....right? Make sense?

And adults can debate without sinking to a new level, children cannot.....

jeff

ranger024x4

Reaction score
Wow, nine in 8 months? Sounds like that motorcycle collecting phase I went through a few years ago....LOL.

jeff
pretty much. Had quite a variety of vehicles too, from a RHD 300zx to a v12 Benz

Having a kid on the way changes things. Selling my bronco here soon so that will put is back to two. Planning on keeping that two for several years.

Rigpig

Reaction score
I buy a new Tundra every 3 years. Been doing that since 07. I'm getting ready to trade in my '14 CrewMax TRD with 35k miles. Trade-in agreement with dealer is for $32k. I paid $38k for it 4 years ago. All I've done to it is put on a set of tires out of preference and a bumper replacement grille guard. Not counting property taxes, which are unavoidable, I feel like it's worth it to me to trade in and get a new truck every few years for a marginal amount of money. That being said, I did enjoy my latest Expedition purchase, just because SUVs don't hold their value so I was able to get a lot of vehicle for very little money.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy a new Tundra every 3 years. Been doing that since 07. I'm getting ready to trade in my '14 CrewMax TRD with 35k miles. Trade-in agreement with dealer is for $32k. I paid $38k for it 4 years ago. All I've done to it is put on a set of tires out of preference and a bumper replacement grille guard. Not counting property taxes, which are unavoidable, I feel like it's worth it to me to trade in and get a new truck every few years for a marginal amount of money. That being said, I did enjoy my latest Expedition purchase, just because SUVs don't hold their value so I was able to get a lot of vehicle for very little money.
I went through a phase where I leased a new Mercedes ML350 every 30 months or so. I had a 2003, 2006, and 2009. Then came the rough years, I lost my job and couldn't find work. I finished up the lease went without my own car for a while (wife still had hers) and then in 2013 I bought my 05 Expedition, and now I have the 17 which is paid for and that makes it my favorite truck. :D

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a bit of an uproar (understandably) on the Mercedes Forum today because Mercedes Benz isn't making replacement keys for the ML anymore. If you have one without a key, you're up the creek!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65