Vehicle is OFF & Lights flash rear window hatch unlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesn't this sound like one of the keyfobs is acting up? Maybe pull the batteries from both fobs and see if it continues... too late I guess if it's already in the shop.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had the WiFi turned off for the last month as I did not renew wifi service. Theoretically I think you're on to something tho!
The WiFi, Hotspot, and Sirius are all different. Sirius is the subscription to satellite radio and requires a subscription. Hotspot uses the vehicles onboard cell unit and needs dedicated cell service (thru ATT) to provide WiFi service to vehicle occupants. WiFi itself enables the onboard adapter to connect any WiFi hotspot in range and does not require any subscription, it just needs to be enabled in the Sync settings.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy is on the flatbed. Battery died overnight from the lights staying on and flashing. I should've kept the battery disconnected until the tow truck came but didn't. The override to shift into neutral worked but would not keep the vehicle in N. It kept defaulting back to P so he had to drag it up onto the flatbed and load it backwards. To be continued.....
I don’t think I could watch mine be dragged on a flatbed while in park.... seriously, that sounds like a horror show.

OP
OP
millsaps118

millsaps118

Reaction score
UPDATE: Got the Expy back from the dealer last week. They tracked it down to a corroded wire harness for the lift gate! Service guy had no explanation as to why the vehicle wouldn't communicate/detect the key fob. So now I'm wondering how moisture is getting back in there and if this will be happening again.

Bonji

Reaction score
UPDATE: Got the Expy back from the dealer last week. They tracked it down to a corroded wire harness for the lift gate! Service guy had no explanation as to why the vehicle wouldn't communicate/detect the key fob. So now I'm wondering how moisture is getting back in there and if this will be happening again.

This is good to know. My '19 (with 3500 miles on it) has started this behavior...the lift gate glass will randomly pop unlocked. When it began it was only when parked/off, but it has recently done it in a car wash and a couple other times when underway.

Bonji

Reaction score
sounds like the issue i was having (see thread: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/new-vehicle-gremlins.34797/)

mine self-corrected about a 10 months ago now. Only major outstanding issue is the mirror freak out issue.

It re-enables itself around every three weeks, goes haywire for a few days, then kills itself to the point it's not an issue. Right now my switch is also completely dead. Maybe one month my dealership will get back to me about fixing it.

So...after a few cycles of dying, going haywire, then dying again...it self-corrected? Has it thrown the circuit error code since the correction?

I will need to finally try out my forscan, see if I get that same code.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So...after a few cycles of dying, going haywire, then dying again...it self-corrected? Has it thrown the circuit error code since the correction?

I will need to finally try out my forscan, see if I get that same code.

correct. went from dead to haywire to.. hmm.. it's working again. and hasn't been a problem for at least 8 months. i kinda expected it to start acting up again when it got cold a couple months ago, but knock on wood, it's been fine.
no error codes thrown since either.

Bonji

Reaction score
I tried my forscan interface last night. The rear glass popped open right before I climbed in with the laptop. It saw the rig via the plug, but the rig was unrecognized by the software, so I had to update my forscan. By then I had had too much vodka. Will try again this weekend.