What am I going to need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J07,
What antenna did you buy and from where? I just did the same thing for my '08. Easy drop in replacement. I am seeing everything you and others have mentioned....no NAV, can't set clock or calendar. In fact, my calendar stops at 2014.

Does the NAV antenna plug into the small red plug (looks like 3mm) on the rear?

Thanks for any help!

Yes it’s the pink plug, I got rid of my Nav unit after my red expy got totaled because it constantly lost signal and despite several antenna changes it never helped. I got 2 off eBay and one from Ford, none worked well. I’m assuming the unit was going bad as it kept getting worse with time. The antenna is a magnet and you put it right under the dashboard on top of that metal. Any brand should do. Good luck and hopefully you don’t have bad luck with it like I did. I think I’m the only person who’s had one go bad lol.

Jachniw

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers.
I ordered one from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow. Quick install and then we'll see!

Makes no sense to me why Ford didn't use the SIRIUS/XM antenna feed. I also wonder how effective the after market antennas are mounted UNDER the dash. Doesn't seem logical to do that.

We shall see.