What brand/specs of a trailer hitch do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tow a 30' travel trailer with an Equalizer WDH (10,000# capacity bars), works great and has built in sway control. Cost is about $800.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run a 6 inch drop for my utility trailer which gets it dead level and for my overland trailer a 3/4 inch rise with a max coupler.

FEDC7E5C-83CD-44B1-921E-69875CE9ED46.jpeg

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought me a cheap harbor freight 4 inch drop to pull my 4x8 utility trailer.

It is super loose in the receiver though... Have any of you guys had this problem? Is it because I bought an uber cheap one?

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...It is super loose in the receiver though... Have any of you guys had this problem? Is it because I bought an uber cheap one?

Loose or slop is subjective. Mine moves a tiny bit, normal based on previous experience, but that might be considered loose to someone. It helps to have a tight fitting pin.

Some people weld additional metal on the hitch and grind it until the receiver is tight fit. HF doesn't have the best quality control on certain items, so you may want to exchange it and see what happens.

Last edited:

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As previously said, drop is dependent on the trailer you're using. I use a Reese Dual Cam WD hitch. You will not have any sag with a properly hitched trailer.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The travel trailer has about a 900lb tongue weight. For that I have an EAZ-lift elite WDH with 1200lb bars, and an aftermarket drop shank from Equalizer. For the utility trailer (and other random trailers), I have one of those cheap adjustable drop shanks that use a couple of pins and cotter keys to change the heights. As for movement, I haven’t had an issue with the trailers, but I do use one with the hitch mounted bike rack and it works great.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The travel trailer has about a 900lb tongue weight. For that I have an EAZ-lift elite WDH with 1200lb bars, and an aftermarket drop shank from Equalizer. For the utility trailer (and other random trailers), I have one of those cheap adjustable drop shanks that use a couple of pins and cotter keys to change the heights. As for movement, I haven’t had an issue with the trailers, but I do use one with the hitch mounted bike rack and it works great.

Now that you mention it, my bike rack is super loose. I hate it. That part that Artie linked to may be the thing that helps me deal with it.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

It is super loose in the receiver though... Have any of you guys had this problem? Is it because I bought an uber cheap one?

I think the Expy has a oversized hitch. None of my hitched are loose in my F-150 or Superduty. They are all loose in the Expy. My new hitch mounted bike rack has the hitch that the bold pulled it tight to help with the rattle. It can’t take the slack out of it. Way lame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I think the Expy has a oversized hitch. None of my hitched are loose in my F-150 or Superduty. They are all loose in the Expy. My new hitch mounted bike rack has the hitch that the bolt pulled it tight to help with the rattle. It can’t take the slack out of it. Way lame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk