What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give it a few more years. New car prices will start at 100k for entry level, and those same spark plugs will be $100.00 a piece. Sad part is most of us will still be under 50k a year salary. Not to mention what little you make retired. Got to be rich, theirs no room for the middle anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yeah you pretty much summed it up moose. Well tune up is done on my wife's minivan, Friday it's getting new tires and after that I will not be worried about her driving anywhere, even though I did this just cause we're expecting our 3rd child in a couple of weeks and the last thing I want is to have her stranded somewhere with toddlers and an infant in the freezing weather.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, Chicago really bites in the winter. Sad thing about any car, no matter how diligent you are at maintenance, you never know what day, your car will poop out. Me I've got a good friend that has a flatbed towing business. Knock on wood, I've never had to call him for a tow.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys in the Midwest, and east, go from hot to freezing in like 1 day. I'd die the first summer, or winter I had to spend in your town. Were too spoiled out here in the Bay Area . Never snows, and where I live near San Francisco, summer weather never gets above 80. Four wheel drive on my SUV is a waste. That's why I sport street tires.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
***** that is what happened, 60 yesterday noon, 30 today. Like the hell happened, somebody pissed off Mother Nature.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went from 75 on Wednesday to 33 on Thursday and we got a couple inches of snow out of it.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everybody check their heater cores aren't leaking!

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Made some custom letters for the back window of my Expo.i found a aluminium road sign in a creek while fishing a few years ago and grabbed it.So i decide to trace the letters on to the aluminium,i cut them out with my jig saw.i filed the edges down with a file then sanded the edges and the faces of them with 220 wet sand paper.i plan just to leave them like they are in the pic.but could always polish them or paint them but i am going to use good 3m double sided tape to put em on. that will prob be summer time cause it's cold now and they wouldn't stick on to well,think i will clear coat them so they wont corrode though.

15139542_1813626865564816_908855715_n.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Man I love it when the roads are damp after a rain storm, just a dap on the throttle and the truck gets sideways, like I don't even have to try and it already swung the rear end. And now I must say I got much better at holding a power slide then when I first acquired the expy, the other day I had the front end facing NW but I was moving N for a few hundred yards before I almost spun out cause I got cocky.