What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read the pm I sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's going in today to get 2 wheels replaced... long story... and an alignment and tires rotated... then I'll give her a bath, finish the undercoating and buff out all sides of it before winter, oh and change the oil (full synthetic)

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You know I was thinking of under coating this expy but I'll wait sometime and instead rhino line the bottom half of the truck. Unlike undercoating which dries up and cracks over time, rhino doesn't.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rhino liner is the better choice i think but if there is any rust you don't get off it will still rust underneath the rhino liner buddy of mine has a F250 super duty it has rusted out underneath that stuff

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I gotta figure out what's wrong with this truck, bank 1 cam position sensor is off, forcing sensor on bank 2 to shut off as well and now I'm going through a full tank of gas every two days 33 gallons to every 100 miles or so... It's getting very expensive to operate this expedition.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it was yesterday but I put a new caliper on the front pass side and a new tie rod on the rear.. alignment in a couple days then a full exterior buff job

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well with the help of my brother we pulled off the valve covers and timing cover to inspect the tension on the timing chain, both chains are so loose I can fit 8 fingers between chain and guides, odd thing I noticed is bank 1 of the motor is almost completely covered in sludge while bank 2 was surprisingly clean for 129k. We did it just to confirm if a new phaser and chains are in need of replacing. I have to do some digging and searching on how only half the motor is slugged up... I can honestly say I've never seen or heard of this before.

Also decided neither me nor my brother will do the new chains, I'll turn the keys over to ford master mechanic I know for this job, his specialty is fords 4.6 & 5.4 tritons.

Still haven't found the source to the p0340 & p0344 codes I'm having

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the pcv system wasn't doing it's job on the dirty side of your engine. That and you or the previous owner wasn't diligent about oil changes. If a crankcase ventilation system malfunctions, it builds up too much crankcase pressure, and in turn sludges up an engine. Don't know for sure in your case, would in the 60's and 70's though.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Lmao I though the spark plugs for our trucks were over priced but never mind my wife's car requires denso double platinum that aren't the same as u find in autozone cause the threads are different. Finding it by denso's # shows the cheapest price online at $17.49 per plug... Damn Honda's I swear I don't know which one I wanna burn first my ford or her Honda.