What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gah, plugs and wires are fun ha.

i just start with number four since it takes the most work then i get number five to get the rest of the parts out of my way. then i get 8,7,6,3,2,1, hardest to easiest. don't even have to touch the fuel rail. just gotta get the heater core hoses out of the way and the intake and ps bracket. I put them in hardest first too, 4,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 kind of a "down hill" thing.

also, it's not a bad idea to plan a coolant flush around the tune up as well so the coolant drain isn't just wasted effort.

Declansdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea Ive always been taught to do the hardest things first. Wasn't too bad. The heater hoses were a pain but I was able to slide my hand in there good enough. Put all motorcraft parts on it so hopefully I won't have any problems with them for a long time. This is just my boat towing/snow season rig. It might see 2000 miles a year.

ExpyEL2015

Reaction score
WOW...wish you were my neighbor! Maybe then I wouldn't have had to trade my '07 Expy for next to nothing because the engine was "going out" at 168,000 miles. Instead, $10K of repairs was better put into a new one...which I do like, but it would have been great to avoid the car payment.

ExpyEL2015

Reaction score
Learning About New Ride!

Read part of the manual, added a door lock code, and smelled the new leather! Gotta keep the list coming so I don't think too much about the loan payment...

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long do I need to wait before the newest gen Expy's drop down to the $4500 range in value? :) That's what I paid for my '01 three years ago and am still loving it at 120k.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
223c9498ce2f493f6863e43fb2e6f0c4.jpg
FX4 conversion is now 100% complete as of yesterday and today I received a quote of $950 to remove all rust around and under the truck, replace rocker panels and coat with inhibitor liner... Also as of June 10 this month the truck will on getting on its new tires, the lift should come in the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuntMan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nearly killed my transmission by not noticing my 4x4 was engaged in 4 Low. The transmission was slipping but now it's okay. Lesson learned I got lucky.

Manlavi95

Reaction score
"Recall or Field Service Action information starting from 01/01/1999 is available here."

Nothing for my 97 but thanks for the link, not sure if it is because i am current or if the tracker doesn't show anything older than 99.

I replaced my head unit as it died on me, no clock or back lights or anything. A new deck going through the factory premium option amp and it sounds awesome. Used a dremel with a cut off bit and it tore right through all the plastic i needed to remove. Kind of hurt to cut into a car that has been pristine since new but it had to be done to get a double DIN unit in. These kits from amazon made it easy peezy.
Amazon.com : Metra 70-5603 Amplifier Integration Harness for Select Ford Vehicles : Vehicle Amplifier Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics
Amazon.com : Metra 95-5818 Double Din Dash Kit for Select 1997-2003 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Vehicles : Vehicle Audio Video Power Adapters : Car Electronics
rrVUOu2.jpg
rVWjqkc.jpg

I happened to be at a ford dealer to pick up some of their LSD additive for another project and bought a replaced shifter cap, nice to see they beefed up the design. Mine broke a few months ago and i have never seen one not broken in a junk yard so i finally just bought a new one.
ntx0dlH.png

Hahaha I actually went to a parts yard for the shifter cap, and happened to find the new one as well. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Today I found a new scary sound. Tomorrow I find out what it is.

OnAnExpedition

Reaction score
Took out the OEM Ford radio with cassette and replaced it with an OEM Ford with CD player. The Kenwood 10-disc CD changer I had in the center console gave up the ghost and I decided to replace it with a factory radio I found on eBay. It was cheap, easy to install, works great.

fozzir

Reaction score
This can be a place where you can post what you did to your Expedition today. It can be interesting to hear what people do to modify, customize, or just do to keep it on the road. So, What Did You Do To Your Expedition Today?

I jumpstarted my 2001 XLT today. Wife left the tailgate open overnight :Rock on: