What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaginCajun87

Reaction score
When I installed my Weathertech flaps I drilled a hole towards the inside through the fender liner. Then installed stainless fender washers and fasteners to stop them from flopping around. Much more secure now.
Yeah it helped a lot.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took delivery of mine a couple days ago. So far I have:

-Installed the WeatherTech cargo mat
-Installed the WeatherTech dog Guard (super flimsy and probably going to get broken by my dogs, really need Travall to work their magic with our cars)
-Hardwired my Uniden R7 radar detector
-Loaded my 5 Star Tuning tune
-Added a mini-fridge

I’m coming from a Range Rover. I really, really miss the soft close doors and the refrigerator in the center console for baby formula, but other than that I’m loving this rig! I can modify the mini-fridge I purchased, and it should fit inside the center console. In the meantime, it’ll hang out by the car seat.

After driving my Gen II Raptor stock then seeing the difference tuning makes in throttle response and shifts, I knew I had to do the same for the Expedition.

Going to black out all the chrome over the next few weeks. Unsure what I’ll do with the wheels. Thinking of going with a dark bronze.

Got mine tuned out. Just saying this as an option to anyone that comes across this post/thread.

What percent did you go with in the front? I’m thinking somewhere around 15-20%.

Interested in a tune as well. Who all has done this and who did you go with? Obviously I see 5 star is out there, but damn they are pricey. I put a tune in my previous Grand Cherokee to solve some quibbles I had with the shifting more than anything, and I don't think I spent near the $700 or so 5 star has for tuner and tunes. Used a DiabloSport inTune DCX and a tune from Hemifevertuning previously.

I honestly don't care at all about putting up big HP numbers. What I'm more concerned with is a better overall driving experience. I've only got 600 miles on mine right now but the 10 speed certainly feels "clunky" at times, mostly what I feel like is the torque converter and Ford's choice of programming. I would also prefer it not try to claw its way to 10th gear as quickly as possible in the normal driving mode, but I also don't want it holding gears so long and not going into 10th unless at higher speeds like the sport mode does. Something in the middle would be perfect. So I want quick, smooth up shifts, with no "clunkiness", and ideally be a little less in a hurry to make it to 10th gear in exchange for a little lost MPG. What's everyone's experience?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interested in a tune as well. Who all has done this and who did you go with? Obviously I see 5 star is out there, but damn they are pricey. I put a tune in my previous Grand Cherokee to solve some quibbles I had with the shifting more than anything, and I don't think I spent near the $700 or so 5 star has for tuner and tunes. Used a DiabloSport inTune DCX and a tune from Hemifevertuning previously.

I honestly don't care at all about putting up big HP numbers. What I'm more concerned with is a better overall driving experience. I've only got 600 miles on mine right now but the 10 speed certainly feels "clunky" at times, mostly what I feel like is the torque converter and Ford's choice of programming. I would also prefer it not try to claw its way to 10th gear as quickly as possible in the normal driving mode, but I also don't want it holding gears so long and not going into 10th unless at higher speeds like the sport mode does. Something in the middle would be perfect. So I want quick, smooth up shifts, with no "clunkiness", and ideally be a little less in a hurry to make it to 10th gear in exchange for a little lost MPG. What's everyone's experience?

Then just use sport mode. Mine loses multiple mpg in sport mode, like at least 3 mpg. Might be worth it if you like that.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I just ordered a new VIN LIC and tunes today for my Expedition from 5* Tuning. Coming from a 17 F150 Plat, I can’t wait to see how this runs after. I have the Nguage and will be running the 93 Performance & 93 Tow Performance and the E30 and E50. E50, is my favorite. With my truck running the E50 tune, I could break the 35” tires loose all the way through 4th gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just ordered a new VIN LIC and tunes today for my Expedition from 5* Tuning. Coming from a 17 F150 Plat, I can’t wait to see how this runs after. I have the Nguage and will be running the 93 Performance & 93 Tow Performance and the E30 and E50. E50, is my favorite. With my truck running the E50 tune, I could break the 35” tires loose all the way through 4th gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep us updated on that tune and how it does!

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Bedazzled my steering wheel buttons. This allows me to locate them easier without looking. I used some gems from the craft store and elmers glue.
2. Routed my phone cable behind the sliding console door so I can use the door as a picture holder. I ended using a bore camera with a hook, so I didn’t snag the wrong wire.

Yes, I realize my truck is dirty.

EA23FE68-BB34-46B7-B804-93344F40B8A1.jpeg

98134D2F-BED3-446F-89E4-B22D5E73CAA9.jpeg

A12C4FF3-5BF3-404E-902B-B4A9FC256F04.jpeg

8BE538C7-32FB-4993-A45F-D77B4C1184C0.jpeg