What is coming for 2012 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrumcap

Reaction score
It seems odd how quiet Ford is about potential changes for the 2012 Expedition. Will there be new engine choices? MyFord Touch? Body changes? When does this information usually become public?

phocker

Reaction score
I can only hope that all the hush is because they are going to debut the mid size desiel in it...if that happens I may be looking into a swap for my 05......

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was already posted that there WILL be engine changes...no more V8...moving to twin turbo or supercharged V6 engines in 5.0 i believe and another size....search the site...someone dug up great information on this topic that will answer all your questions...

OP
OP
T

Thrumcap

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong with the search because I don't see anything recent that is not just speculation.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how recent are you talking? this may have been end of last yr...well before your join date

OP
OP
T

Thrumcap

Reaction score
My search turned up stuff going back to the summer but I didn't find anything that wasn't just pure specualation.
You would think some specific details would be forthcoming on the 2012 models pretty soon.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was back'd up by the FORD Representative that's suppose to be on this site...

OP
OP
T

Thrumcap

Reaction score
If that is accurate, it will be very disappointing. Basically no changes at all. Hard to believe that with the new engines and technology available, none of it will be applied to the Expedition.

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If that is accurate, it will be very disappointing. Basically no changes at all. Hard to believe that with the new engines and technology available, none of it will be applied to the Expedition.

Be happy theye are keeping the expedition. Look at the sales numbers for full sized SUVs. The money is no longer there. The expedition cost a lot to make so the high price tag does not mean big profits. The profit margin is a lot higher on the little gas savers, plus with the current gas prices Ford can increase the sale price of the gas savers, but it has to lower the price of big SUVs. It's a dying big SUV market. They will be all but gone in 7-10 years. Except for the hybrid Big SUVs, but they will be around $75k.
Enjoy them now, we all have tiny cars in our future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX