What is this hose??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerauditor

Reaction score
I was checking for vac leaks tonight and when I was spraying choke cleaner on this hose, it started flaking off. I put my hand on it and all of the outer rubber casing flaked off in my hand. I guess it's time to replace it. The problem is that I don't know what the hose is called or the P/N. It goes straight from the manifold vac port on the upper manifold to the driver side where the evap port is. Looks like about the size of a horn but I have no idea what it is. I'm thinking this is what is causing my vac leak. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thank you

20140311_175244.jpg

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Vapor Management Valve hose? Looks like 1/2 of a VMV in the right side of the photo.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check fordparts.com for the hose. If you don't find it, take a pic of it to your local Ford parts guy and they will be able to look it up.
If the engine was running while you were spraying the carb cleaner you should have noticed an increase in the rpms when you sprayed the leak.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took me a minute. You mean the valve is the size of a car horn. I thought you were referring to the hose. If you can post a better photo I think we can confirm VMV.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check fordparts.com for the hose. If you don't find it, take a pic of it to your local Ford parts guy and they will be able to look it up.
If the engine was running while you were spraying the carb cleaner you should have noticed an increase in the rpms when you sprayed the leak.

Probably wouldn't be an rpm change when this hose is sprayed. Could be a "CHECK FUEL CAP" message when this hose is leaky though.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does look like the PCV hose and valve. Look on the passenger side valve cover. If there isnt a hose coming out of it thats where your mystery part goes lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990