What you movin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick07

Reaction score
Hey Guys new to this forum and interested to see what every one is using there Expy/Navi's to haul. I have had a 1999 Expedition, but a few months ago traded up to a new/used 2007 Navigator. The travel trailer was a little beyond the towing capacity of the Expy so we upgraded and spoiled ourselves with the new Navi. Since buying I have added a K&N flat filter (knocked out the tiny snorkel for increased air flow too), Superchips tuner (always running the heavy tow tune best road manners IMO and fuel economy), few other creature comforts and doodads. Future improvement 26-30K tranny cooler to bypass the radiator cooler and run in-line with the factory aux cooler. Please no, that's over your limit responses. I know how to tow, heaviest load 160K lbs. licensed, registered, and very capable. Here is what I run.....

Attachments

• Navi and trailer.jpg
    Navi and trailer.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
S

Slick07

Reaction score
Thanks Cobra.... that is interesting. I'm glad to see that many of those were within the same size as mine. people give me weird looks when I tell them that I use my Navi to pull a travel trailer. Out here in Northern Utah most SUV/CUV's are grocery runners and 4WD for the snow. I also have an old 1995 F150 bed converted to a trailer that I use to haul lumber, mulch, dirt, etc. In fact yesterday I used it to move a buddy from on end of town to the other, right next to the road leading up the canyon to the local lake. Saw all these guys pulling some really nice outfits up the road, and all they could do is give me looks like I was crazy for using my Navi as a utility vehicle.

Jdm5630

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking. How did blocking the snorkel help as fas as performance of the truck? And how did you do it?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking. How did blocking the snorkel help as fas as performance of the truck? And how did you do it?

I don't think he blocked it. You knock it out because the hole is a larger without the snorkel in place.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Slick07

Reaction score
Yeah, I knocked it out of the fenderwell. It has helped with the economy too. When I took possession of this Navi from the dealership it was only registering 8 mpg on the lie-o-meter, currently up to 14 mpg hand calculated. Plus it adds a nice little growl in the engine bay when you get happy with the go pedal.

I have new struts on order (ouch), and I'm using the struts for the L/EL models on the rear. This Navi has the rear air leveling suspension which I thought I would never have again after having the four-way air suspension on the 1999 Expy. When we trying to find the replacement we went to the local Ford and tested a 2010 Expy Limited with the standard suspension and heavy duty tow package. After hooking up the trailer I knew the standard suspension wouldn't cut it. I don't like spotlighting the moon while going down the road.

Also learned that the Navi's come with a 3.73 rear stock and then it's an option to go 3.55, whereas the Expy's it's the other way around. I looked at 200 Expy's on Autotrader and only found one with the 3.73 rear but it lacked all other requirements set forth by the financial planner aka Wife.

Jdm5630

Reaction score
Ok thanks for clearing that up. im going to have to do that to my expy

Jdm5630

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but where is the tiny snorkel located?

Jdm5630

Reaction score
I removed the air filter and saw a black cylinder that goes to the fender. But there is nothing attached to the tube