expy teardown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here are a few pics from my expy teardown folder. i tore the carpet out on friday and sanded it down saturday to get ready for spray or roll on bedliner. then i painted all of the interior pieces flat black.
CIMG1269.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG1270.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG1277.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture079Large.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture080Large.jpg
[/IMG]

chrmar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that a factory sub and amp setup? I'm thinking about trying to mount an aftermarket sub in that same location but I'm a little hesitant to lose that handy cubbyhole...

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, factory setup. what cubbyhole you talkin about? mine sits behind the interior pieces. you could probably mount one there. also, you can buy a custom sub box to fit where your factory one is. it only fits on sub though so if you want to go "boom" you will have to go with a different setup.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont have that cubby, i have the mach system so that is where my sub sits. the amp sits right there behind the interior piece. sure would be handy though!

henry98

Reaction score
wow..you spent a ton of time sanding...i use to spray permatech bedliners and all we ever had to do was scratch it up good w/80grit wipe it down w/alcohol tape it up and shoot it...if its too smooth it will peel up so 80 grit is a must...just a lil FYI

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i used 80 and 60 grit. the crevices are just roughed up cuz i couldnt get in there all the way. the only reason i spent that much time sanding was cuz it was raining all day and had nothing else to do. didnt really want to paint with that much humidity in the air. called for some prices on spray in liners. gonna be more than i want to spend. so gonna either do roll-on kit or use duplicolor spray. probably gonna go with herculiner. we will see this weekend.

af mezkin

Reaction score
Your rig looks awesome....is the liner also going cut down on the amount of road noise going into the cabin?

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my wife had an aftermarket system put in my truck and they never re hooked the sub, either that, or i dont have one, i will have to look now and see if i have one in there and tie it in, hmmmm