‘15 Headlight Basic Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
E8EFF5B5-E822-461D-9C86-9DB6BC9D062F.jpeg 85B8D884-42EA-422A-BFFE-074BCFB90595.jpeg 7FC8C02C-B676-4FC6-B776-A74F5B8F4B47.jpeg A67B6C66-57AE-42EF-878F-8714EE4D9965.jpeg 7825B39A-65FD-4D97-9DD2-F48D83F91DCD.jpeg
Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I wanted to test out Profile’s new Hi-Lens multi-LED dedicated high-beam, so a quick retro of my wife’s headlights was in order. The halogen projectors were replaced with low-beam-only HID projectors as well. I’m not sure what the projectors are from, the guy who did it for me had a spare set from his Z retrofit project that he used. Setup uses OEM OSRAM ballasts and D3S bulbs as I have five or six extras lying around the house. As with my truck, I did have to wire in a relay to prevent flickering issues and ballasts occasionally not firing up. As everyone always asks, I paid a mere $100 for the retrofit plus $80 for the LED high beams. The projectors, ballasts, and bulbs I got for free. Which makes these an absolute steal.
Once it gets dark and I can go check aiming and alignment, I will post pics of the output and what the cutoff looks like.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
View attachment 25275 View attachment 25276 View attachment 25277 View attachment 25278 View attachment 25279
Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I wanted to test out Profile’s new Hi-Lens multi-LED dedicated high-beam, so a quick retro of my wife’s headlights was in order. The halogen projectors were replaced with low-beam-only HID projectors as well. I’m not sure what the projectors are from, the guy who did it for me had a spare set from his Z retrofit project that he used. Setup uses OEM OSRAM ballasts and D3S bulbs as I have five or six extras lying around the house. As with my truck, I did have to wire in a relay to prevent flickering issues and ballasts occasionally not firing up. As everyone always asks, I paid a mere $100 for the retrofit plus $80 for the LED high beams. The projectors, ballasts, and bulbs I got for free. Which makes these an absolute steal.
Once it gets dark and I can go check aiming and alignment, I will post pics of the output and what the cutoff looks like.
I hear these throw a ton of light so I'm very interested to see the high beam output

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Very interesting! Curious what you think of the output and how it compares to stock. Also, what’s the color temp of those?

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Allboost. I’m drooling for some night shots and cutoff shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
84B20CEA-BA26-4ECA-8F12-85EFB0ACE6B5.jpeg 4FEBC8F2-E772-4EC9-8473-AE8DA6135496.jpeg 2F94AFB1-D63B-4FD6-841C-855DBDEEF561.jpeg 288A916E-FDD1-4569-8ECA-54959D52FC26.jpeg
I don’t know what vehicle these projectors came out of, but they definitely have some very halogen-like slopes even though they are D3S projectors. Hotspot is weak, but though it may not look like it, they have a ton of foreground. The lows are actually really wide, and are being limited by the projector sitting slightly back inside the headlight. It was still in twilight when I took these, so take that into account. The third picture is the most accurate in terms of output versus the others, as I lowered the exposure to show the cutoff more.
The high beams are way more on the bluish side of things. Center of the beam is probably 5500-6000K, whereas the outside is mostly that 7000-8000K Adieu pointed out. The lows are 4300K OEM as a comparison.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You may have some bulb seating issues. I would move the bulbs around a little in the projector to see if you can straighten out the cutoff on those. Once you find the spot shim the bulb seat a little with small pieces of metal tape or cereal box cardboard to get the capsule in the money spot

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have some bulb seating issues. I would move the bulbs around a little in the projector to see if you can straighten out the cutoff on those. A low hot spot will generally make the cutoff angle up So you may need to position the capsule down a little lower. shim the bulb seat a little with small pieces of metal tape or cereal box cardboard to get the capsule in the money spot
Yeah, I knew something was off as soon as I pulled up and the hot spot almost wasn’t in the cutoff. With the 15 hours of daylight we get here, it’s hard just to find darkness with my work schedule. I’ll play around with them in the morning hopefully and see what I can get out of them. There doesn’t appear to be a slope at all, just a straight line from one side to the other.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew something was off as soon as I pulled up and the hot spot almost wasn’t in the cutoff. With the 15 hours of daylight we get here, it’s hard just to find darkness with my work schedule. I’ll play around with them in the morning hopefully and see what I can get out of them. There doesn’t appear to be a slope at all, just a straight line from one side to the other.
Incorrect bulb seating will cause all kinds of weird stuff to happen. Move the bulb around while its still locked in the holder to see if any positive comes from it. If not pull the lock and and move it around while still lit. Not sure what projectors those are but I'm sure you'll make them better after some tuning