“Premature” Control Arm Failure with 3/2 ReadyLift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
My 2012 EL is in the shop after failing safety inspection due to both Upper Control Arms failing in 26 months. ReadyLift assures me their 3/2 leveling lift should work with factory UCA and the Moogs I put on 2 years ago are direct replacement with same angles, etc.

Does this seem like too soon to need new UCAs? This vehicle gets limited off road use, mainly a week each fall in Colorado, but otherwise is just my daily driver. Pretty pricey to have them replaced due to extra labor required because of lift, so I’d like to avoid this in the future if I can.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I've had real problems with Moog parts in the last several years. A good number of them have failed within a year for me. It's not the Moog it once was. I'm not surprised they failed. An OEM part might give better service.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had real problems with Moog parts in the last several years. A good number of them have failed within a year for me. It's not the Moog it once was. I'm not surprised they failed. An OEM part might give better service.
I heard they took a dive in quality about 10 years ago also.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, far too soon. lift affects the working angles for suspension and drivetrain, and can easily exceed the built in tolerance of OEM suspensions and drive trains, leading to greatly increased wear. any new such components must take into consideration the change in those working angles, or the parts will simply wear out.

OP
OP
Mark Buckner

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
Thanks Trainmaster. The shop doing the work said parts in general have been getting worse and he wasn’t surprised the the Moog part failed.

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or you can go with an aftermarket UCA (icon, baja kits, etc). I run ones from True Travel Dynamic. you can Yes they are pricey but are built well and especially with your lift they are made to handle the it.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or you can go with an aftermarket UCA (icon, baja kits, etc). I run ones from True Travel Dynamic. you can Yes they are pricey but are built well and especially with your lift they are made to handle the it.
But do you have to realign it and do these Expys have an eccentric camber part in the front upper control arm?

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you will need an alignment after but too my knowledge 3rd gen Expedition share the UCA with the 09+ F-150.