01 expedition 5.4 xlt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmoorhead80

Reaction score
My ac will take a charge it is icey than warm and I can hear compressor clicking on and off. I replaced the switch on the accumulator is there another switch ? Please help I love my car it's literally at 164k bought from original owner all maintenance kept up its just the small stuff now but I'm in fl 100` need ac bqd

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's "icey" it could be overcharged and the high pressure switch is kicking off the compressor. Do you have a manifold gauge set ? What are the low and high system pressures at idle ? If you don't know what you're doing, then yes it's best to take it to a shop that handles AC work.

BROKENPILOT

Reaction score
Did you recharge it yourself? What happened and how did it happen? How long after you may have done something (charged it?) did the issue occur? What was it doing before you might have recharged the system? What's the temperature at the vent inside with recycled air setting, ac "on" and fan speed on low (doors and windows closed)? Does the compressor cycle constantly = run for only a second and then stop/restart? Try to be more specific with more details in the future. If the entire low side (fat ac hose - not the skinny hose) is thick with ICE = then, like the other guy (Hamfisted) said above :+). If the low side hose (metal part of the hose) is sweating and no ice = that's the way you want it, but I would think that ain't whatcha got right now ;+)