'01 trying to max mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
as I have said many times...my Edge cost me 400.00 but it has paid for itself double of what it has saved me in fuel...shorter crisper shift points keep the trans cooler and ad longevity, even being set at power level 3 and using pure premium gas I can get 450 miles out of a tank with combined city and freeway mileage...I monitor my AVG fuel economy on the Edge and im averaging 19.5mpg....and as Thermo said it also too about what you do with you foot...I pretend there is a egg between my foot and the gas pedal..

2000 Ebony XLT

Reaction score
Buy a Edge CS or CTS programmer! go to Edgeproducts.com
If you need a contact for the forum special pricing let me know....300 to 450.00 but it works! Upstream O-2 sensors always help, just dont buy cheap ones...get what you pay for...

Would you be able to provide a contact? I'm interested in obtaining and Edge

Thanks!~

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Sure no problem... Call Edge Products @ 888-360-3343 ask for Mark Haywood and tell him I sent you and that your a member of this forum...if your active military they have an additional discount....but he can also answer all your tech questions also...let me know if you need anything else. Glad I could help.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Shadowless, if you are needing a truck to get through downtown NYC, let me know. I'm sure my truck would do wonders down there. It is for sale. I have been asked when I hit bumps what they were. I normally respond "Rabbit, VW Rabbit".

Shadowless127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shadowless, if you are needing a truck to get through downtown NYC, let me know. I'm sure my truck would do wonders down there. It is for sale. I have been asked when I hit bumps what they were. I normally respond "Rabbit, VW Rabbit".

hahaha.

Luckily I live out on the Island and don't drive in NYC; that's what trains and subways are made for :).

hornetd12

Reaction score
Edge programmer

What power setting on the programmer are you guys using to get the best mileage?? I see for our vehicle there are only 3. Tranny, Towing and Extreme.

Bunjingct

Reaction score
What would be the best option without shelling out *tons of cash???
* by tons i mean more than $150.... Im a broke college student..

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
depending on your city driving 10mpg may be pretty good.

i get 10-11 mpg city in the summer, we have lots of hills, plenty of stop lights and 45-50mph limits which everyone does 50-60 + mph on. i have a very heavy foot so its floored off every light. i'm actually pretty happy with the 10-11 mpg lol

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last year I went to Minnesota from Los Angeles. My 97 4X4 5.4 Expy averaged 16-17mpg on the highway. My expy is bone stock with 255 70 16 tires. I had 7 Passengers in the Expy and fully loaded with travel luggage and even had a rear rack loaded with items. Also my Expy had 138k miles. I had just put new plugs, coils, filters and made sure air pressure was perfect. I was more than happy. I think if everything is put together properly, you can get ok mpg.

My sister has a 98 4.6 2wd, no two package, with 190k miles and she has got 22mpg highway, which is amazing but I think it makes sense since her Expy is a lil bit lighter with a slightly smaller engine, no 4x4 and she doesnt even have a two hitch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker