03 Expedition Navigation Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99-stroker

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I have an 03 that has factory nav installed. Can I replace that with say a unit from a newer model, or even an aftermarket unit? I understand the wiring will be different, but is there a way to splice them so it will work.

Thanks in advance.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should be able to put in an aftermarket...check crutchfield.com "fit my auto" and put in your information...it'll show you what will fit and then you can search/buy elsewhere... i.e ebay

OP
OP

99-stroker

Reaction score
There has to be some way to replace the nav, I mean this thing does not even tell you if you are going the wrong direction, just assumes you know where you are.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
search this forum...someone has replaced the HU and if i remember they had to buy a different harness because of the nav wiring...or something to that nature

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I knew that there had to be a connector that worked ford would not make a different connector just for that one vehicle. So i took out the old nav and went to an audio shop and said i need somthing that plugs into my speakers and my power and antenna assembly. After some time we found the right ones. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1654_Scosche-FD02B-FD02.html this is a link to sonic electronixs this is the one i ended up using. However you will lose your stock sub and steering wheel controls but supposedly pioneer recommends a thing that allows your to retain your steering wheel controls. you will also lose power to the rear dvd player unless you hook it directly.( which I have not done cause I hate when people watch dvds when im driving since im only 20) let me know if i can help you anymore.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pacific audio or pac-swips is the module that will still let you have steering controls, i just use my remote..lol but its around a $50 add on, and theres a bypass relay so you can watch tv and drive too...even though im not saying thats a good thing to do or that i do it....(laugh) i feel you im 26

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Normally any DD (Double Din) will fit your model up to 100mm in height, since you have a navigation unit already their is no cutting of the panel bezel. Here is the wiring diagram for a 2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer with navigation. Just splice the new unit wiring harness to the correct wires.

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 751
  • img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 465