03 navi-lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basic questions:

-Anyone ever had problems taking their key out? my shifter doen't seem to pick up that I am in park unless I hit the shifter on its head. help with this please! I've never had a problem

-What ford/lincoln/mercury vehicles interchange with this suv? I am referring to things not obvious like any f150 or 250 parts...navigator only

-The previous owner swapped the airbag suspension to coils but I would like it more low.... should I go cheap (preferred) and either heat them or cut them? Or get a new set and what set do you recommend?I wouldn't suggest it but some have done it...ground force makes a 2" spring drop kit...myself and another person have it

-switching to older style lug pattern, I really want to switch over to the F150 lighting bolt pattern that came on the 1st gen navi and expy's... can this be done?? you can do it with adapters...u can find them on ebay readily available so u need 5x135 to 6x135 adapters...at least 1"...$200 MAX!!!

-front end swap, I really like the 3rd gen front end. is this a possible swap. link shows what I would like if you need a reference.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/2007-Ford-Expedition-EL-Limited.jpg
it is a possible swap as a couple ppl have done it...but u will need welding skills and if not...u r paying for it to be done

Harder questions:

-ok so main question here is in the engine swap... I would basically like to pick up a Lighting engine 5.4 2 valve with supercharger and drop it in. Has this been done and how hard would it be? if you have an 03...you already have the 2-valve and the supercharger will work...you will need additional parts unless u buy/find the complete motor intact for the swap...possibly tranny upgrade

- rachet shifter anyone done this in the suv? I am looking for better shift and better control.
I don't know what that is

OP
OP
S

stangant

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks 6k but the 03 navi does come with 4 valve heads.

The adapter is an idea I didn't think about but I may have to try... I had a bad experience with them so i'm kinda sketch with them now.
*** I don't seem to be able to find them.. **

Do you know where I can find pics or how to for that front end swap? would really like to see it on before I attempt it. I have welding skills and I have a series of connections for any hard welds that i can't do so should be much of a problem.

I was thinking though I may go back to an air suspention system but it would be an aftermarket kit with adjustable settings... not crazy bouncing just simple up for when i need lift and down for all the rest. haha

thanks for helping eveyone. I really like the truck the way it is now but I just feel it is really missing it's full potential.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 or 2 ppl have only done the conversion on here....their write-ups...how to...is on here...just have to search for it...pics and everything