Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The black diamond triangles usually contain letters. What letters are in the triangles on 71-5?

Check fuse for main light switch - can't make out the fuse number. If it is good and powered check for voltage out on pin 12? with light in park position and again with headlights on. If power is present check for voltage at illumination dimmer pin 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I almost gave you that letter, since it was the only letter. The letter inside the arrow is " H " with respect to the diagram 71-1.

The main light switch fuse is: #6

In 71-5, the letters in the up-arrows from left to right are "F", "K", "H", down-arrow end right "L"

In 71-5, the items that currently function are: Clock, traction control switch turns off/on, adjustable pedals.

4WD switch N/A as its a 2WD.

RESULTS:

Fuse #6 has power

Pin 12 has power, in park and in headlight positions

Pin 2 has no power

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Diagram 71-4 see splice between main light switch and dimmer switch at bottom of page, looks like s124. There will be a diagram locating each splice by number. Check the splice for power with key in run position.

OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a closer look at that area. I think s124 is S224, that I circled in red, yes? I am not sure what signifies a splice in this diagram. My lack of knowledge is showing, can direct me to where the diagram directs me to the "splices"? Thx!103069400-1.gif

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at the 2003 Navi diagrams and 17-4 is the same as the 2004. The program lists all the diagrams that have s224 on them but not the location. So that means you have to follow the wire until you find it. Or you could use a jumper wire to put power on pin 2 - connector c2065b with the main light switch off. You may want to have a fuse or circuit breaker inline with the jumper if you are coming from the battery. Then see if your dash lights are on. If not check for power at c2065a pin 4 with the jumper in place. You may need to adjust the dimmer switch to get a reading.

This is how your pdf's should look when printed:

Attachments

• 71-4.pdf
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, I will take a look as see how hard it will be to trace, no doubt a PITA!

Sorry for the quality of my PDF's etc. They look okay on ALLDATA, but when I convert to PDF's they loose significant quality, not sure if this is something ALLDATA does or what, but I have tried multiple things to try and improve their quality, but to no avail.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are printing as a pdf they are using a setting that bitmaps the image to keep you from providing others with a good copy.

OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I jumped to pin #2 and got interior illumination with all that is to be illuminated EXCEPT for the cluster!