06 Expedition no A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Webbie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 06 expy, i seem to have an a/c issue, i bought this truck last summer and the a/c was working when i bought it. But now that summer is back i went to turn it on and im not getting anything, same goes with the rear. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but this past winter when turning the fan on face setting i did hear fast clicking coming from driver side. Now im starting to think that its either really low on regenerate or its empty. I checked all the fuses and relays and didn't find any burnt or bad relays. I did check the vacuum lines and they seem ok. I tried to see if its the bleed door and seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated

-Webbie

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the system is low the low pressure switch will cut power to the compressor. If it is low you have a leak somewhere.

I'm going to assume you don't have any a/c tools so at best you'll only be able to bandaid it until you get a basic set. At the least you'll need a good set of gauges, decent vac pump and r134a. I always suggest to people to get the 30lb bottle. Once your friends find out you can do a/c work you won't have any problem getting rid of it.

Last edited: