06 Limited backup light adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MendoGuy

Reaction score
My brake light switch is slightly out of adjustment. I sometimes have to lift UP a bit on the gearshift lever (up towards Park) to get them to come on...

Is the brake light switch at the bottom of the steering column, near the floorboard / firewall? How can I adjust this?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brake light switch is slightly out of adjustment. I sometimes have to lift UP a bit on the gearshift lever (up towards Park) to get them to come on...

Is the brake light switch at the bottom of the steering column, near the floorboard / firewall? How can I adjust this?

Your brake light switch is probably worn out and needs to be replaced.

Buy a Motorcraft switch.

The switch is mounted on the brake pedal assembly bracket. Unplug the connector, twist the old switch out of the hole in the bracket, and then install the new switch in the reverse.

Then, to adjust the new switch - pull the brake pedal rearward with your hand, then push the pedal forward. This can be done with the engine off. You may hear one or more clicks if the environment is quiet. This will adjust the new switch to your pedal bracket.

Note - do not depress the switch plunger before installing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker