'06 Rear Cargo Courtesy Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACQB

Reaction score
2006 Expy EB Edtn.
Is there DIY out here somewhere how to get the rear cargo area courtesy lens down w/o breaking it to replace a burned out bulb? Poked and explored and have not found the "push here" secret location. Anyone know where it is or what the secret pass word is to get it down w/o breaking it like the previous owner of ours did to the 2nd row passenger side?

PS, I did search Google & these forums and came up with nadda. Lots of info for the front map lights. Nothing for the back cargo area light. Help???

Never mind, got impatient and went after it.

FYI... pull down firmly at the back and there are two metal clips that will let go and the whole assembly drops down. From there unclip the 3 tabs holding the lens on the frame assembly. Pop out old bulb, push in on contact tabs to tighten up, pop in new bulb, test.... whaaa-la.
Pop lens back on
Bend out the two tabs a bit for a snug re-fit
Catch back side in headliner first, push up until metal tab seat.
All done.

Last edited:

John Stover

Reaction score
it's not easy but it will come out. I don't recall exactly how but i was able to get mine out in one piece. Search youtube. there are a couple of how-to videos that helped me