07 engine/AC issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcwaugh10

Reaction score
I have an 07 expedition that I recently had a ford dealer put a engine in. We had the engine installed at 277,000 because we were told the timing chain was going out and because of the hi mileage that it wasn’t worth fixing so we elected to do the engine swap.
After the engine swap it starting dying and acting like it was missing. We took it back into the ford dealer and they said it was the “jasper” plugs. They put in motor craft plugs and said it was fixed. After some time again it started doing the same thing again. We just got back from ford a 3rd time. This time they said the ac system has a blockage and basically to gut and replace the whole system, $4,000. They also put plugs and boots on it again for $645. They are sayin the ac blockage is causing extra strain on the engine causing it to misfire and die?? AC system is blowing fine. It had a 2 week period where it stopped blowing but I think it was cause of a diverter going bad?? Not sure but today when I brought it home it blew cold air as normal but as I pulled it in the garage it sputtered on me. What are your guys thoughts?