07 Exp EL LTD: RAIN leaking through roof!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

clattin

Reaction score

I would LOVE to see that info! For now, it isn't leaking, but I haven't done anything that actually fixes it, so its bound to come back at some point.

Thanks!
Chris

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check that the glass panel is aligned to seal properly. It is held by 4 screws on each side and can be adjusted up or down. IIRC its held by #25 star (torx) screws.

There's also a tray at the backside of the sunroof. With the roof closed you can feel around to see if its full of water or dry. That may help you find out where its coming from.

cootersEL

Reaction score
Hopefully this is still useful. I'm a little late with the info, but here is the tech comments/writeup from when my Expedition went through this (with the previous owner, and for what it's worth):

8901 WATER LEAKING OUT OF DVD PLAYER WHEN RAINING CHECKED OPERATION, WATER TESTED WITH HOSE AND VERIFIED WATER LEAKING OUT OF DVD PLAYER. REMOVED B AND C UPPER TRIM PANELS AND LOWERED HEADLINER AND CHECKED DRAIN HOSES, HOSES NOT BLOCKED OR KINKED. FRONT DRAINS OPERATE PROPERLY AND REAR WERE NOT DRAINING. CONTACTED HOTLINE. WAS ADVISED TO INSTALL KIT PER TSB 08 24 08. INSTALLED KIT

Link here to the TSB:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2009-10-14_115400_A1.pdf